• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#1131 michelle2011

michelle2011
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:53 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RaychelRae
    Michelle my dress is a lot like yours, and I think that if you get one main piece of jewelry you'll be ok. I'm not really a necklace person, so I'm just going to wear big earrings and nothing else, not even a bracelet. I think if you make things look proportional, it won't look OTT. If you wear a blingy necklace, just wear studs for earrings, or something along those lines. Obviously when you see everything on, you'll know
    Yes i think your right. I might go for bigger earrings and a braclet and leave the necklace....Today i'm going off the idea of a flower in my hair. As i'm having 'big' hair up and my dress has a big flower on it, it might be a bit to much. I might buy one and try as i'm doing with the jewellery. Last night i watched a wedding programme and the bride had similar hair styling to what i want and she had a nice diamonte head piece on which looked lovely so i will have to see if i can find something like that and try too :o).... I went shopping yesterday but FI was with me the whole time (couldn't shake him off) so couldn't really look as i dont want him having any idea what i'm going to look like.

( Nicyx it's my turn to have a panic today, lol )

#1132 Nicyx

Nicyx
    • 2,914 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:35 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by josietoms
      Nicyx - just dont tell anyone your dress is your hand luggage. Where i am getting my dress from has said as DW are more common now they have boxes/bags etc where they can professionally fold and fit your dress into the hand luggage requirements. You will just have to get your FI to have a handbag so you can put all your other bits in his bag. LOL.
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by prettypigpig
      This is the site for the starfish jewelleries...
      Nicyx, I like your hair flower with the sparkles. It will look so pretty as the sun hits the jewels. Neat idea.
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by michelle2011
      Yes i think your right. I might go for bigger earrings and a braclet and leave the necklace....Today i'm going off the idea of a flower in my hair. As i'm having 'big' hair up and my dress has a big flower on it, it might be a bit to much. I might buy one and try as i'm doing with the jewellery. Last night i watched a wedding programme and the bride had similar hair styling to what i want and she had a nice diamonte head piece on which looked lovely so i will have to see if i can find something like that and try too :o).... I went shopping yesterday but FI was with me the whole time (couldn't shake him off) so couldn't really look as i dont want him having any idea what i'm going to look like.

( Nicyx it's my turn to have a panic today, lol )
      Haha, good idea josietoms.... think thats what i'll have to do.... No-way could i put it in the hold.... id be so so nervous, i believe you can get travel boxex, i may have to look into that!! :-)

Thanks for the link bonnie, some great stuff on there x

CeeCee, glad you like the flower, Im made up that people like it :-) I was thinking the same with the sunshine x

Arrr, Michelle.... horrible when when you have a panic moment isnt it!!!! Did you hear back from WC at your resort? about holding the date slightly longer? totally love RaychelRae's idea about the jewellery... one main piece :-)
      My main piece will be my backdrop neckless but i will wear tiny studs in my ears though to try to keep it simple :-) Do you have any pic ideas of how you want your hair? x

Hey Linhy hasnt been around for a while anyone heard from her? :-)

xox

#1133 rach2011

rach2011
      • 46 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

Hello Ladies!!! Congrats to everyone! I just joined this site and I am so excited to have the chance to chat with all of you. I am heading to Mexico on May 14th and going to do a few site visits. I am looking closely at Dreams Riviera Cancun and Azul Sensatori...crossing my fingers that I can make a decision by the time my trip is over!

#1134 Nicyx

Nicyx
        • 2,914 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:53 PM

Welcome Rach2011,
          Ooooo a site visit, i wish i could do one :-)
          Please let us know how you get with it.
          When are you planing on getting married? How far into planning are you?

xoxo :-)

#1135 michelle2011

michelle2011
          • 1,301 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nicyx
            Haha, good idea josietoms.... think thats what i'll have to do.... No-way could i put it in the hold.... id be so so nervous, i believe you can get travel boxex, i may have to look into that!! :-)

Thanks for the link bonnie, some great stuff on there x

CeeCee, glad you like the flower, Im made up that people like it :-) I was thinking the same with the sunshine x

Arrr, Michelle.... horrible when when you have a panic moment isnt it!!!! Did you hear back from WC at your resort? about holding the date slightly longer? totally love RaychelRae's idea about the jewellery... one main piece :-)
            My main piece will be my backdrop neckless but i will wear tiny studs in my ears though to try to keep it simple :-) Do you have any pic ideas of how you want your hair? x

Hey Linhy hasnt been around for a while anyone heard from her? :-)

xox

Yeh i'm now thinking a diamonte/crystal clip/hair piece and earrings and braclet.....

This is one pic of how i'd like my hair

Click the image to open in full size.

rach2011 - Welcome! Both your resorts look lovely. Can't wait to see which one you decide. I think a few of the girls on here are going with Dreams Riviera Cancun. It was one of our top resorts too :o)

good point where has Linhy gone? x

#1136 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
            • 310 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Michelle that hairstyle is GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely stunning.

I'm spoiled rotten, in that my best friend and bridesmaid owns a hair salon. She'll be doing my hair and make-up. I've told her I just want loose, messy curls swept back behind my ear on one side, with a big flower pinned right behind my ear. Something like this:

Except I want looser curls, for a "messier" look, if that makes any sense

#1137 josietoms

josietoms
              • 765 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:15 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
                Michelle that hairstyle is GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely stunning.

I'm spoiled rotten, in that my best friend and bridesmaid owns a hair salon. She'll be doing my hair and make-up. I've told her I just want loose, messy curls swept back behind my ear on one side, with a big flower pinned right behind my ear. Something like this:

Except I want looser curls, for a "messier" look, if that makes any sense
                Snap! One of my BM is a hairdresser which is so cool. She is really keen to try out some things with my hair so i have just said i want it down or half up half down and possibly some loose curls. Her mind is in overdrive we are going to have a few trial sessions before we go - but at least thats one thing i dont have to consume the rest of my time searching the net for. My BIL ex who we are still friends with is a make up artist so am going to get taught bridal make up a few months before as well!! FI dad is a photographer as well who is coming. Thats 3 things i dont need to spend hours worrying about.
                Josie x

#1138 josietoms

josietoms
                • 765 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

oooohhhhh i like this michelle - a def thumbs up
                  Josie x

#1139 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
                  • 279 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

Michelle -- very elegant hairstyle! I think that will look great on you, just judging by your profile pic :)

Cjb0arder, I love the big flower behind the ear. You are so lucky that your BM is doing your hair! I have a friend coming to our wedding that does hair, but she has told me numerous times in the past that she HATES doing brides' hair, so I don't want to ask her LOL. Maybe I will ask her in jest, just to more or less feel her out.

I was thinking of a half-up look with loose curls. Something like this:

I'm wearing a veil, but I think I want some small flowers on the side too. Is anyone doing flower(s) in their hair and a veil? Too much?

#1140 Nicyx

Nicyx
                    • 2,914 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:22 AM

cjb0rder13 and Lindobride14, They are the pix saved in my photobucket too.... Great minds think alike, I did have loads of pix but have narrowed it down to those to but leaning more towards cjb0rder13's pic as i intend to have a flower like that :-)

Michelle, that style is gorgeous, i just dont have thick enough or long enough hair for something like that, its beautiful :-)

Im not doing a veil aswell but if you go for something like the pic you've posted i dont think its too muh as the flowers are small if the flowers were big i dont think it would look right but definatly if its like the pic then fine :-)

xox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users