Sign in to follow this  
Nicyx

Any 2011 Brides out there?

I am also a 2011 bride. I have managed to secure the date of March 4/11 with the GBP Akumal without having to wait for booking numbers with travel agents.QUOTE]

Congrats on booking the date!!! I heard that resort is awesome! Have you done any other planning? Like your dress or what colors your want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharyn View Post
I am also a 2011 bride. I have managed to secure the date of March 4/11 with the GBP Akumal without having to wait for booking numbers with travel agents. I did get pricing for group bookings but they were on the high side and thought that I could wait since the hotel went ahead and confirmed the date without this information. My FI and I were at that resort in March 09 so we have a good idea of the layout of the resort and really loved it so much that it seemed perfect to return there for our wedding. Can't wait to move to the next step with the TA and get all the flights booked and secured.
Congrats! It is a nice hotel! I went there with my bestfriend last year, nice beach and right in front of the reef. It was her first time in Mexico, and she had a blast! We also got a wedding reception hosted next to our room (located next to a pool), they were having a blast until 3 am, so we had to goto the lobby bar to kill some time. It was ok, because we chatted with other folks from Canada and England.
However, like Dreams Tulum, it was a bit too far from the airport (like 2 hours, but very close to Tulum ruins and the amazing Tulum beach), some restaurants don't have AC (I saw 1 brit woman fainted in a buffet resto due to the heat), and food was ok and ordinary...(except the gourmet resto..which was WOW, but my friend was in the bathroom for the whole night, I didn't, I guess it was her, not the resto)
For those reasons, I didn't pick this resort, because it is too far from the airport, and no AC in some of the restaurants (my wedding is in June and July). Otherwise I would pick it for the Tulum beach. Your wedding will be in March, so I guess u will be ok.

michelle2011- Same here I am planning to put a flower in my hair. There's going to be a hard one to find the right one! I know!!!

Nicyx- love the dress its very lovely and sweet!! Perfect for mexico!!!!!!! looks amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhy View Post
michelle2011- Same here I am planning to put a flower in my hair. There's going to be a hard one to find the right one! I know!!!

Nicyx- love the dress its very lovely and sweet!! Perfect for mexico!!!!!!! looks amazing!
Nicyx's dress is perfect for destination wedding!
Orchids look fine in the hair....lol

Quote:
prettypigpig- you should post your engagement pics when you get them! We are taking ours in Sept.
Sure! I will! I already excited about taking pics...even...my wedding is like more than 1 yr + away...

Quote:
Time flies!!! Next thing you know its your wedding day! I know I have 10 month to drop 30 pounds!
that is like 3 lbs per month, not that hard! Go girl! u can do it!

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on in awhile, but i was trying to price out wedding packages cause the Fiance is all about seeing in on paper and comparing, anyway i went to check out the Riu website cause i wanted to find pricing on the "extras" only to check the packages and find out that they have changed them for 2011.

The Royal Package use to have max couple + 40 guests and is now couple + 15 guests!

The Caprice package use to have max couple + 60 guests and is now couple + 40 guest!

And they both have gone up in price obviously.

So Frustrating, i thought it would at least be comparable to this year.

So i have to start the comparison chart over!

sorry little upset here, and yes i am whining lol.

Just thought everyone should know if they didn't already