Photo

ROR - Booking wedding and rooms

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 hiccups

hiccups
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

ames/Martini - I was given $1727.16 taxes in departing from Toronto. I was also offered the promotion where every 11th person goes for free (they just pay the tax) and we're also planning to distribute the discount amongst all the guests. I wasn't told that best prices come out in June/July...are any of you going to wait until then? We really want to send out our invites by end of May with all the pricing/booking info but now I don't know if I should wait until June/July in hopes of better prices!

#12 Martini

Martini
    • 24 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

hi gals! We can't fly out of NB, we have to drive to Halifax, NS...the best price I've rec'd is $1775 txs in. We've reserved our wedding date directly with the RIU and have 90 days to confirm our trip. We need to book by June 5th if we don't want to lose our wedding date. We were also offered a one-time price guarantee. If the price lowers after you've booked, they will price match. My fiance's mother can't really afford to come, so we are going to give the free trip to her.

#13 hiccups

hiccups
      • 224 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

Martini - In order to secure the wedding date with RIU, just confirm it on their website with your credit card information. They don't actually charge anything to your card. I was told by RIU that you have up until the day before your arrival to the resort to cancel with no fees, however if you decide to cancel when you arrive to the resort, they will charge you a $250 US cancellation fee. With that said, you're able to hold onto your wedding date but you don't necessarily have to book your flights, etc within the 90 days. Hope that makes sense!

#14 ames

ames
        • 150 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

hi girls! we just sent out our save the dates last month and directed our guest to our website with the pricing / booking info with a disclaimer that the prices may change. we were also told that if the price comes in lower, they will price match after deposits are made. i too didnt' want to wait til june/july for prices to come out...and we wanted to give our guest enough notice. as for all that about the cancellation policy, it sounds good to me :)

#15 hiccups

hiccups
          • 224 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:19 PM

I was never told that they would lower the price (if it comes lower) after the deposit was made. I will definitely talk to my TA about that...I'm always afraid that once we book, the prices drop and I'll be kicking myself!

#16 ames

ames
            • 150 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:50 AM

good luck hiccups :) i hope your TA is able to give you good news. which agent are you going through? it's nice to know our prices are similar though. here's hoping that the price will come out lower :)

#17 ames

ames
              • 150 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

hi martini - i just found this on ROR wedding information brochure regarding canceling your wedding. "Confirmed weddings cancelled within a month of the ceremony date or upon arrival to the hotel will be charged a cancellation fee of $250US (price subject to change without prior notice)" once i figure out how to send attachments i'll attach the document :)

#18 Martini

Martini
                • 24 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:40 AM

Thanks ames!! I didn't realize that. I looked at the confirmation info the RIU requires...I'm still unsure on my MOH. Do you know if I can add this information once I've decided?

#19 Leez309

Leez309
                  • 186 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

Hi girls, Did you have to pay a deposit to hold your date? I am nearly certain that I am going with ROR, so I wanted to secure a date as soon as possible.

#20 Martini

Martini
                    • 24 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:36 PM

Hi Leez...no deposit required!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users