when to register...

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
  • VIP Member
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:59 PM

We will register early on our Honeymoon registry, and then wait until about 4-6 months before the wedding to add items to our store registries. We'd really rather have people use the honeymoon registry and I know if we register too early at the stores, the stock will change-out and we'll have to revamp our registry more often.

#12 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:20 AM

we got engaged, set a date, and registered b/c so many people were asking questions. i didn't want to register, but my sister is throwing me a shower, so i had to...it definitely took a long time, and i recommend doing it there and updating online...there's a lot of stuff online that is not in stores, and a lot of merchandise overlap between stores. we registered for some of the kitchen stuff at macys, but then i thought about it and put it on the bed, bath, and beyond registry b/c ppl could use that 20%coupon that they always send out.

#13 Fotini

Fotini
      • 131 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

we registered right before we had our engagement party, even though we had requests to do it sooner....But it was 8 mos before the wedding

Just a thought on registering, some places like pottery barn and bloomingdales, theres more but i dont remember. they give you a 10% off for completion. Which means after the wedding date whatever is NOT purchased you can buy for yourself with the 10% discount...We registered for a couple of furniture pieces for that reason.. and hey if someone wants to buy them for us.. bonus!

#14 Heidi

Heidi
        • 2,642 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:36 AM

We registered last month. For now, just registered things that are available year-round (luggage, etc) - will go back closer to wedding date to register for seasonable things (bedding, etc). Actually, some things have already been bought off of our registry and we're 9 months away! (no engagement party for us!)
          Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#15 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
          • 490 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:14 AM

I registered us at Target at the end of last month. I only started it because I had received something in the mail from them saying if we registered we would get a FREE $20 gift card to their store. So we are only registered right now because of that, and there only like 10 things on it.

#16 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:32 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by KellyandMatt08
              I registered us at Target at the end of last month. I only started it because I had received something in the mail from them saying if we registered we would get a FREE $20 gift card to their store. So we are only registered right now because of that, and there only like 10 things on it.
              Had you let target know somehow you were getting married for them to know to send you that? I wonder if they find that out from other companies. I know when I regitered with david's bridal to get a bridesmaid dress a bunch of companies started sending me wedding stuff.

#17 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
              • 490 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:34 AM

I had never sent anything to Target to let them know. I'm assuming I was on someones distribution list like you said.

#18 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:39 AM

I just read that Target gives you 10% off everything left on your registry too.

I just requested their wedding catalog. Hopefully they will send the $20 gift card offer with that.

#19 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:58 PM

In-ter-esting. I guess I will get started online to alleviate face-time with the sales people. I hate shopping, so probably most of my stuff will be done online! Thanks for all the input and now I will be off to lunch (meaning cruising the internet to start this!).

#20 DreaW

DreaW
                    • Banned
                    • 2,462 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

I think you can register at anytime...
                      I'm debating about registering...but I don't know...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users