Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nsbride2010

BDW Biggest Loser ~ Season 8

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyco116 View Post
I am sooooo in on this BL8 season. However, I already need to make a confession. My birthday is Jan 16th and I am going to Mitchells Fish Market for some of the best oysters on earth but I promise to make it up, cardio wise. LOL

Haha, so my mom had been begging my dad to take her there for about a year. FI and I came into town for her birthday and we all went to the one in Livonia. FI was not excited to go, because he thought "How fresh can the seafood really be? It's in Michigan." I laughed and said "Well, you know... there are these things around us called the Great Lakes? Ever heard of them? Plus I think that they probably fly the seafood in fresh" Which they do... daily.

Are raw oysters bad for you? I thought that they were on the healthy-ish side.... although that might explain why I want to lose weight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that they aren't TERRIBLE for you, since people eat raw fish all the time... haha I know that they are an aphrodisiac for sure.. hahaha so at worst, you could work off the calories with some sexy time wink.gif haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously. I was trying to have a trial run this week, and I have my work cut out for me. Getting into the healthy mode is quite the task! The good thing is I have worked out more this week than I have since I got back from the wedding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire723 View Post
Haha, so my mom had been begging my dad to take her there for about a year. FI and I came into town for her birthday and we all went to the one in Livonia. FI was not excited to go, because he thought "How fresh can the seafood really be? It's in Michigan." I laughed and said "Well, you know... there are these things around us called the Great Lakes? Ever heard of them? Plus I think that they probably fly the seafood in fresh" Which they do... daily.

Are raw oysters bad for you? I thought that they were on the healthy-ish side.... although that might explain why I want to lose weight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbride2010 View Post
I think that they aren't TERRIBLE for you, since people eat raw fish all the time... haha I know that they are an aphrodisiac for sure.. hahaha so at worst, you could work off the calories with some sexy time wink.gif haha
They are on the healthy side-ish, however, I like the sampler which includes fried and a kind of scampi-like oyster. Those I can guarantee ARE NOT healthy-ish. As we all know preparation is about 70% of maintaining healthy eating habits. I came to realize this after I started craving fried broccoil and I tried to justify the fact that it was still broccoil....I already know - you dont have to say anything..LOL.

As far as an aphrodisiac that would be an awsome side effect because that could count as my cardio...S&M.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished up my first real week of good exercise in a long time. Wow, that felt good. Yesterday I decided to try Bikram yoga. Holy crap is that tough!!!!

 

My eating leaves a little to be desired, but I'm making a sweet potato chili tonight to bring to work for my lunches!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifany View Post
I just finished up my first real week of good exercise in a long time. Wow, that felt good. Yesterday I decided to try Bikram yoga. Holy crap is that tough!!!!

My eating leaves a little to be desired, but I'm making a sweet potato chili tonight to bring to work for my lunches!
I should see if there's a Bikram place around here. I haven't been in years.

At first glance, I thought you said "My eating leaves" as in you were eating more than one leaf.... I was like "Wow! That's a really strict diet for ya!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×