Photo

BDW Biggest Loser ~ Season 8

• Please log in to reply
711 replies to this topic

#511 Eliana

Eliana
  • 676 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

Have you guys started yet or not? I'm interested in participating!

#512 Eliana

Eliana
    • 676 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:50 PM

oH I just noticed you guys started way ago.. sorry I can't join you. I was late.

#513 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
      • 888 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by elifrigo
        oH I just noticed you guys started way ago.. sorry I can't join you. I was late.
        That's ok! You can join in on the motivational factor and chat with us. We can always use another weight loss buddy.

Lisa-- That's awesome that you can run a mile! I don't think that's any small feat at all... I hate running, so I think that's amazing!

#514 SheriB

SheriB
        • 597 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:56 PM

I just finished my fourth day of the 30 day shred and I am so happy with it already! I am still only on level 1 but I can see a difference in my shape already. Everything is tightening up!! I love that it takes only 20 min and I still feel like I have worked...no excuse when it only takes 20 min of my time!!

Way to go Cougs! Running a mile is great... I hate running too!

#515 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
          • 600 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:18 PM

1 1/2 miles is awesome. I don't jog because I'm too big of a wimp. I have to use a machine that moves for me, like an elliptical.

#516 *Linds*

*Linds*
            • 5,776 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

Cougs- yes I am dazed, confused, and hangry (hungry+angry) on a regular basis! PS- that is fackin awesome about the running! WooT!
              Loving married life! <3

#517 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:37 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by cougs
                lol you dope! is hunger clouding your brain-function? hehe

back on topic, sure i ate a ton for val-day but we also did a ton of wii fit over the weekend. i know the majority of you girls work out all hardcore on a daily basis, so this will sound ridic to you, but i was surprised to find that i am capable of running a mile. i honestly thought i would likely die long before the one mile mark, but i ran a 1.5 miles and not only lived but prob could have gone on longer.

of course when i say "ran" i am using that word very loosely. it's more like a light jog, haha. small victories.
                Way to go cougs!! I totally understand where you are coming from! I am NOT a runner...at all! I am still only at a fast walk - I hope to get up to a jog soon! Maybe I'll give that a try tonight! Thanks for the motivation!!

I don't think the "halfway" totals will be discouraging for anyone...if anything I think it will be a kick in the butt! We will still have 6 weeks to bust our ass & win this thing!! (that's my thinking anyway!) If anyone does NOT want the mid-way total % calculated then let Tash know...either here or PM her! As much as I'd like the halfway totals, I don't want anyone to feel down or uncomfortable!!

So, I didn't reach both my goals for this week. I only lost 1lb (not 2 like I had hoped) but I did make it to the gym for 1hr of cardio 4 times! Now I just have to keep it up & work on that pesky 2 lbs!!

#518 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                • 5,078 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:51 AM

woo woo cougs!! i hate running!

i love the feeling of being sore...my lower body and back are sore. i finally got back on the wagon with 30 day shred. i love that video. i never get bored of it!

#519 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                  • 2,528 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:49 PM

Yay Cougs for the mile run!! That's a big step :) When I ran my first mile I felt SO accomplished, you should too! Stop the down-playing of your accomplishments, you rock!!

I am on board for the halfway mark... if anyone doesn't want me to do theirs, send me an email or a PM like Manders said and I will leave you off of the halfway mark list. I will still post a weekly results %, just not the 6 week total. We will count initial weigh-in as week 1, which means we are at the 6 week mark this week...deal everyone? :)

Linds, you are ridic.! I read it and thought "oh shit, is today thursday?" hahahaha
                    Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#520 swankster77

swankster77
                    • 233 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:52 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by cougs

back on topic, sure i ate a ton for val-day but we also did a ton of wii fit over the weekend. i know the majority of you girls work out all hardcore on a daily basis, so this will sound ridic to you, but i was surprised to find that i am capable of running a mile. i honestly thought i would likely die long before the one mile mark, but i ran a 1.5 miles and not only lived but prob could have gone on longer.

of course when i say "ran" i am using that word very loosely. it's more like a light jog, haha. small victories.
                      Great job! I just recently started running (well, back in November).. I just ran a 5K (3.1 miles) for the first time ever and what a great feeling that was! I work out 5-6 days a week so working out a lot doesn't necessarily make running easy. It's taken me awhile to get to 1 mile let alone 3... and it's still a battle every day. Like today for example I could only run 2.... So be proud of yourself that you can run a mile... that really is awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users