Photo

Canadian Brides with Wedding Party Spread Out

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 silverangel

silverangel
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:51 PM

I had a similar situation...1 GM is in BC, 1 in Toronto, and 2 here...FI and I picked everything out, got their sizes and bought everything ourselves. I did this 6 months prior and so at some point the guys got to try everything on.

We lucked out with the sizes and just had to have my mom hem their pants.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you!

#12 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
    • 547 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:16 PM

I think ordering online is the way to go! All my bms are local, but 2 of the 3 gm are out of town (one in Canada and one in Taipei!!!) So we thought ordering online was easiest. We are getting linen shirts from Island Importer (islandimporter.com) and they will just purchase tan pants on their own. Good luck!!!
      *~*JENN*~*

#13 kerrij

kerrij
      • 300 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:53 PM

we had the same prob and just picked a dress for all body type and showed them pics, go their sizes and sent them to them. the guys, we just got their sizes and bought their stuff...hwoever, i'm worried our Best Man won't fit anymore into his shirt!! eek!

#14 Mel9956

Mel9956
        • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

You could also try Victoria's Secret online for dresses as they have a lot of beachy dresses. I think I might be going with the "flirty convertible dress" that way the ladies can wear the dress however they want. For the guys we're going casual so they're just wearing khaki's with white dress shirts.

#15 Mel9956

Mel9956
          • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

You could also try Victoria's Secret online for dresses as they have a lot of beachy dresses. I think I might be going with the "flirty convertible dress" that way the ladies can wear the dress however they want. For the guys we're going casual so they're just wearing khaki's with white dress shirts.

#16 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
            • 417 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:20 AM

I ordered my dresses off ebay. They listed the measurements so I asked the girls to tell me what size. They came to $50 with shipping (awesome!) Only one girl had to have it altered...and it was $20...great find!

#17 midnight24

midnight24
              • 754 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

I also have 4 BM's & 3 GM's who all live in different cities/provinces. I told the girls to pick a lightweight, simple, elegant black dress. The GM's we are just trying to narrow down how to do this. I might go with the one who lives here, pick out the outfit and tell the other guys what to get and at what store (and make sure they have that store in their city). Club Monaco, Le Chateau also has great men's clothes for this.

I have to say though, I thought telling the girls to pick out their own black dress was an easy task...but it has proven to be more difficult. If you can at least show them styles that you like that may help. I know they kept asking me for reassurance. One person especially has made a big deal about black dresses in mexico. I just reminded her we're paying for the outfit and that it's our day.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users