Canadian Brides with Wedding Party Spread Out

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 sweetluna

sweetluna
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:53 PM

Hey fellow Canadian Brides,

I'm getting married in November 2010 at the ROR. I'm the first in my family and group of friends to attempt a DW. I'm finding this forum a HUGE help. I have a bit of a concern right now and I'm hoping fellow brides can offer their advice.

If you have (or had) a bridal party spread out throughout the country, what did you do about attire? I'm in New Brunswick but one of my BMs is in Port Colborne, ON and the other is in Alberta. The best man is in Ottawa, ON and the other guy my FI chose is here in NB. I'm wondering how I can possibly get everyone to wear similar colours? I don't care so much about the style but I'd like everyone with the same colour. I've tried Sears online which might work for my girls but I haven't seen anything I like for the guys.

Does anyone have any other ideas??

Thanks!
    Kelly

#2 Heaterfan15

Heaterfan15
    • 26 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:58 PM

You could do something like choose a separates line and the colour and let everyone choose their tops and bottoms, and or dresses. I think Alfred Angelo does something like this.

Alfred Angelo... Find the perfect Wedding Dress, Bridesmaid Dress, Prom Dress, Flower Girl Dress or Mother of the Bride Dress at Alfred Angelo.

#3 moonpalacebride

moonpalacebride
      • 202 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

Hey Kelly! I have a small wedding party, but to make things easier I plan on ordering the men's stuff from studiosuits.com all at once, and the ladies have been sent swatches of the colour they need to go for. I'm expecting pics beforehand so I can make sure they're correct! If all else fails I'll get the style they like and pick them out myself.

I guess you figured out that I'm paying for their outfits (there's only a couple BM and 1 GM).

#4 teshy1

teshy1
        • 162 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:21 PM

I had the same issue, only even more complicated as 2 people in our wedding party live in the States, and the rest in various places in Alberta. I wound up going with bridesmaid dresses from Sears -- my 2 BM in Alberta ordered their own, and I ordered one for my MOH in the States, then shipped it to her.
          For the guys, my future husband went shopping with his best man, picked out shirts and pants he liked, then bought everything himself, armed with the guys' shirt and pant sizes. He found the shirts at The Bay and khakis at Sears. His best man lives in the States, but luckily he was up in Edmonton for the holidays and could try on his shirt and pants to ensure a correct fit.
          My MOH had to guess on her dress size from Sears, but we used the measurement guide on their website and she should need minimal alterations, if at all.
          I debated the wedding party attire for so long, and I'm happy we finally have found outfits that seem to work.
          Best of luck!

#5 nicole2010

nicole2010
          • 37 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:40 PM

Hi, I used the sears website as well. You should check out island importer for the guys. Beach Wedding Dresses & Attire for Brides, Bridesmaids & Grooms - Island Importer

#6 sweetluna

sweetluna
            • 183 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:52 AM

Thanks so much everyone! I find your advice helpful. I'll check out some of those suggestions and let you know how it turns out.

#7 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
              • 985 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:11 PM

We also used Alfred Angelo. We went to one bridal shop in the GTA, one bridesmaid went to a shop in North Bay, and another used a shop in St. Catherines. We just asked that they get a specific colour (cobalt blue) but whatever design they wanted. It worked out really well for us.

#8 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                • 2,233 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:23 PM

My daughter lives in Las Vegas and my maid of Honour lives here in Ontario. Both are in the wedding party, so what I did was pick a bridesmaid dress from Davids Bridal. I had also thought of ordering something online that way they both could have the same dress and colour.
                  July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#9 Perplexy

Perplexy
                  • 207 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:09 PM

I have a similar issue...seems like Sears may be the best bet!
                    http://tickers.Ticke....4a37/event.png

~Stay positive and love your life!~

#10 NaM

NaM
                    • 2,256 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:23 PM

I'm in Canada and had 7 bridesmaids all in the States! I let them pick out their own dresses and just picked the colors. They weren't all the same but I liked it that way.

Try J-Crew...they are good for that option! Just tell them which color you would like them to order and they can pick their own style!

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users