Pueblo Bonito Rose vs Pueblo Bonito Los Blancos

Hi All,

Struggling with booking our hotel for ourselves and guests. We've narrowed our choices down to PB Rose and PB Blanco. My first choice is the Rose based on a couple of recommendations and travel reviews, however, am also looking into the PB Blanco (a nearby sister property). Can anyone provide any thoughts or feedback on these properties? They're both rated the same on the travel sites and are very close to one another.

Thanks!!

Two of my guests stayed at Blanco and didn't like it. My parents and siblings stayed at Rose. They seemed happy with it. The reasons that the two did not like Blanco was because it didn't have a swim up bar, the atmosphere was a bit cheesy and the kids that were there were completely out of control.

Now, both resorts are identical and right next door, just different colors. I think it really depends on what you are looking for.

Let me know if you have specific questions. I'll try to find the answers.

My sister walked into the lobby and pool area of Blanco and said it was cheesy--she said it was clean and it would do but that it was just a little cheesy. She, unfortunately, did not go to the Rose so not sure how the two compare. From what I can tell from online sources, the atmosphere at the Rose may be a little better but am just trying to make the best decision. I think the Blanco has more ocean view rooms than the Rose--did your siblings have ocean view or partial ocean view? Any add'l info you could pass on about either hotel w/b wonderful!

Thanks!

Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENESIS View Post
Two of my guests stayed at Blanco and didn't like it. My parents and siblings stayed at Rose. They seemed happy with it. The reasons that the two did not like Blanco was because it didn't have a swim up bar, the atmosphere was a bit cheesy and the kids that were there were completely out of control.

Now, both resorts are identical and right next door, just different colors. I think it really depends on what you are looking for.

Let me know if you have specific questions. I'll try to find the answers.

I've never stayed at the Rose or Blanco but the free PB shuttle drops you off at the Rose. I personally would never stay at either. They are terribly full and the pool is soooo crowded. There are a lot of timeshare owners at the Rose. The bar area are fine. Also because its on Medano beach (I think) there are three rows of chairs then a slew of beach vendors.

If you and your guests don't mind large groups in a rather confined area then go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMO View Post
I've never stayed at the Rose or Blanco but the free PB shuttle drops you off at the Rose. I personally would never stay at either. They are terribly full and the pool is soooo crowded. There are a lot of timeshare owners at the Rose. The bar area are fine. Also because its on Medano beach (I think) there are three rows of chairs then a slew of beach vendors.

If you and your guests don't mind large groups in a rather confined area then go for it.
I agree. I would prefer to stay at the PB Sunset or Pacifica but I know guests will complain about the property being too far away from everything. Guests could, of course, take advantage of the free shuttle but when we listed our pros/cons, proximity to town was closer to the top of the list.

Thanks for the feedback!
Lisa