Photo

Newbie Planning for Jamaica April 2010!!!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 asheeki

asheeki
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:46 PM

Hi Sarah Congrats

This forum has been very helpful i am sure you can make it, how many guest will you be having.

#22 Geralyn

Geralyn
    • 2,677 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:07 AM

Congrats! I am an RMB bride also...we had an awesome wedding there...let me know if you have any questions...I'm sure you'll love it! Happy planning!

#23 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
      • 417 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:44 AM

I have amanaged to do most of my planning for my dw at ROR in about the same amount of time...this forum was super helpful! Good luck! If I can help just let me know!

#24 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

No silly, you're not crazy at all. Tons of brides plan weddings in less than a month even. that's the best thing about DW's they can either be planned thoroughly or just a few nice touches but come out to be some of the most gorgeous weddings EVER :)

#25 sarahkay20

sarahkay20
        • 37 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:09 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by TA Maureen
          Hi Sarah! Congrats and welcome to the forum! You can definitely pull this off!!! I work with the Riu resorts a lot and most of your planning can be done at your on site meeting with the wedding coordinator. It looks like wedding ceremony availability is a little bit limited there in April. Did you already put in a request for a wedding date and time? If not were you looking at a specific time frame within the month of April?

Oh and if you're not stuck on April I see some more availability in early May there is even a coveted Friday 4pm time slot open:)
          Yes, I have my wedding booked for April 9th at 4pm! I am super excited!! But started to freak out about all the details! I know everyone says that you plan most details when you get down there, but I guess that is just not something I'm used to.

Do I need to book the reception dinner soon??

I haven't even been in contact with the WC!?!?!?!

#26 ktchi

ktchi
          • 220 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

Congratulations and Best Wishes.

#27 Dianna

Dianna
            • 358 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:40 PM

Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum! Don't worry, you can pull it off by April. My hubby & I got married within a few months too and it was fabulous. :)

#28 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
              • 445 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I would say the biggest thing is picking a resort (one that has a onsite WC) that will make it easier on you. Actually I have heard from a few people that have had DW and most of the planning was when they got to the resort...

My stepmom planned their wedding at home (nice one) in 1 month so you can do it!
                Cristi & Jamie
                http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users