Sign in to follow this  
Jessica

Brittany Murphy Dies at 32

I read about it on TMZ this morning and hoping it was a bad rumor. I can't believe it I wonder what happened. I was reading that last year 911 was called for her husband - he was having heart attack type symptoms but it was supposedly asthma. Crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika J View Post
OMG, this is shocking! You would have to think that drugs are invovled. WOW! So many young actors die, said!
I know....what a terrible shame! And speaking of drugs, I just read the following in an article on MSN.com:
----------------------
Selena Barrows, an investigator with the L.A. Cornoner's Office said, "cardiac arrest could mean any number of things, and was not an indication of the cause of death."

However, Murphy's suspected excessive use of drugs had been the subject of widespread speculation, and was even the subject of a parody sketch on a recent "Saturday Night Live" Weekend Update.

-----------------------

So, I hadn't heard anything about her using drugs?!? Is this news out of left field to anyone else?

But, I'd have to say, cardiac arrest resulting in death for someone at the young age of 32 (without prior heart conditions) is very unlikely when NOT related to drugs, which brings me to.....
-------------------
With relation to a possible heart condition, I just read on The Wrap.com:

Wrap columnist Michael Adams recalled that Murphy told him in 2001 about a heart condition.

"it was in an interview about 'Sidewalks Of New York' but I asked her about other projects and she mentioned 'Spun,'" he wrote in an email on Sunday. "I asked her - as a joke - if she'd taken meth for research and she laughed and said even if she wanted to she couldn't take drugs because she'd had a heart condition since she was a little girl."
--------------------------

Either way, rest in Peace, Brittany. You were a great talent and will be missed.

So sad..... I can't say I'm shocked, only because nothing shocks me anymore, but that's horrible news. I like her work, she was just so different and likeable to me.

I just read this online this morning. He was found dead of natural causes in his home Sunday. Wow! Five months after she passes he passes. So sad!