Photo

purple and green wedding combo?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#11 debbmach

debbmach
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:19 AM

i think those colours would be great together and very tropical...perfect for a DW!
    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#12 2010bride

2010bride
    • 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:12 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by carolina24
      i love the color combo. how many BMs are you having? I ask b/c it might make a difference, if you have 3 let's say, it might be too much to have MOH in one color and just 2 others in another color. In that case I would do a sash for MOH, kinda rambeling (lol) does that make sense?
      I am having 3 BM's and 1 MH. Also, does the Best Man have to match the MH?

#13 juliepfeif

juliepfeif
      • 286 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:57 PM

Purple and green are my favorite colors & make a great combination. I painted my dining room so the top half of the wall is lavender and the bottom is stripes in two different shades of lime green. Just think of purple tulips with their green stems & leaves!

#14 Geralyn

Geralyn
        • 2,677 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

Purple and green def go together! I love both of those colors

#15 jawedding

jawedding
          • 197 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

Use both.. I have heard that it's better to use a "palate" than specific shades.. it's so funny.. i was just saying to my mom, that if i could do it over again, I would have done purple and green.. i think that would be gorgeous.
            33 People Booked!!

#16 LaceyLace

LaceyLace
            • 14 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

Yes, it's not a bad choice at all. My mother used mint green & lavender 19 years ago for hers LOL. There she was thinking she was a diva LOL

#17 poohshek

poohshek
              • 1,456 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 02:43 AM

Your wedding will look awesome & festive if you pick the right shade of purple and green that complements each other. As to distinguishing your MOH from the bride's maids, you can ask your MOH for her preference and take that into consideration. Play around with different options and get creative!!!

#18 sugarmag81

sugarmag81
                • 24 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

getting married Feb 2011....have been pondering the green/purple colors as well. Can anyone post any pics they have from their wedding who went with this as well? Thanks!

#19 midnight24

midnight24
                  • 754 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

purple & green is a great combo. don't let anyone tell you differently ... it's YOUR wedding.

if you are getting the girls to wear a dress in one of those colours...maybe consider the cost of the dress beforehand...because which such a bold colour they most likely will never wear it again.

you can also add subtle touches of the colour here & there. don't need to go overboard.

#20 futuremrswalls

futuremrswalls
                    • 77 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:09 PM

I'm a fan of darker/brighter purples than lighter like lavender. I think either sage or lime would work well, but a lot of people don't look good in lime green so it depends on your bridesmaids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users