Photo

The Moon Palace Restaurant Review Thread

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#71 Ravywedding

Ravywedding
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:03 PM

Thanks, Leigh! It's so good to be able to count on you!

#72 Janelley100

Janelley100
    • 297 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:41 AM

Leigh did a great job on here review of the restaurants,...and from our experience I would have to concur with almost everything she mentioned.  However, I just wanted to say one thing about the restaurant Palapa Fragata over on the Sunrise side.  This place was awesome!!!!

During our stay we ate at the Bugambilia and the Mo-Mo-No-Ha-Na restaurants on the Sunrise side.  The rest of our time was pretty much spent on the Nizuc side.  One afternoon while we were swimming on the Snrise side, the kids found a brick oven pizza place right out by the pools and that was a treat!!!  Very thin crust, made how you want it, brick oven pizza and we didn't have to get out of the pool!

Back to Palapa Fragata - this place is out by the pools (ocean front) in a glass enclosed hut type building on the Sunrise side.  Al-a-Carte.  They had the best gaspacho and mexican shrimp cocktail appetizers, and we each ordered a different dessert and passed them around.  But the main course was amazing!!!  They bring out these large square grill-like plates (the meat is still sizzling) with all kinds of meat on them.  You choose from Seafood, Seafood/Fish, or Meat/Fish combinations.  We ordered 1 of each combination for a table of 6 and there was almost too much meat for us all.  Each plate comes with a side of the garlic mashed potatoes as well.  Every type of seafood, fish and some chicken and steak were on these grills and it seemed very fresh!

Out of all of the restaurants...including Los Caporales, Arricefes, Bugambilia, El Carobeno and the many other small restaurants...this one was our favorite BY FAR!!!

Have fun!!!

#73 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
      • 710 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

I love this!! So much information on the restaurants. I'm glad you ladies answered if not some, but all of my restaurant questions. Keep the reviews coming!!

#74 kyndall

kyndall
        • 151 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

Did anyone do a private function for a welcome/ rehearsal dinner?  We have over 35 guest so we are going to have to do a private event.  I just wondered if you could still have one at the restaurants or if you have to do a private function in a ballroom or something. 

#75 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
          • 710 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

From what I've read, it doesn't have to be at a restaurant. You do get a free dinner with your wedding package at one of the restaurants. I think they have a limit on the amount of guest, depending on the restaurant. However, you can do a "private" welcome/rehearsal dinner at the location of your choice. If you're eligible for the free private functions, I'd do a private welcome/rehearsal dinner.

#76 Leigh17

Leigh17
            • 339 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by kyndall 

Did anyone do a private function for a welcome/ rehearsal dinner?  We have over 35 guest so we are going to have to do a private event.  I just wondered if you could still have one at the restaurants or if you have to do a private function in a ballroom or something. 

We had a private dinner for our rehearsal dinner, & we also had a private event for our farewell brunch.  The private events are not at restaurants (although they can be on terraces right outside of restaurants).  The private events are either in a ballroom or on an outdoor terrace.  You have to choose from one of the menus they provide.  We used our included restaurant reservation for a Welcome dinner (we had fewer than 35 people at that event). 

#77 kyndall

kyndall
              • 151 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

I guess I don't have to invite everyone to the rehearsal dinner.  I just always thought we would.  Thanks so much for the info!

Originally Posted by Leigh17 

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kyndall 

We had a private dinner for our rehearsal dinner, & we also had a private event for our farewell brunch.  The private events are not at restaurants (although they can be on terraces right outside of restaurants).  The private events are either in a ballroom or on an outdoor terrace.  You have to choose from one of the menus they provide.  We used our included restaurant reservation for a Welcome dinner (we had fewer than 35 people at that event). 

#78 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
                • 385 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

Even if we don't play golf, are we allowed to wander over to the restaurants at the Golf course?

Also where is it located near (Sunrise, Nizuc or Grand)?

I am Asian, I don't want to have my wedding dinner(s) to have Oriental menus.  Do guests choose from regular menus or is there a SET menu? 

In the later case, does that mean we are just choosing the restaurant based on looks and services?

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#79 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
                  • 385 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

Was this for lunch or dinner?! =D

Originally Posted by Janelley100 

Back to Palapa Fragata - this place is out by the pools (ocean front) in a glass enclosed hut type building on the Sunrise side.  Al-a-Carte.  They had the best gaspacho and mexican shrimp cocktail appetizers, and we each ordered a different dessert and passed them around.  But the main course was amazing!!!  They bring out these large square grill-like plates (the meat is still sizzling) with all kinds of meat on them.  You choose from Seafood, Seafood/Fish, or Meat/Fish combinations.  We ordered 1 of each combination for a table of 6 and there was almost too much meat for us all.  Each plate comes with a side of the garlic mashed potatoes as well.  Every type of seafood, fish and some chicken and steak were on these grills and it seemed very fresh!

Out of all of the restaurants...including Los Caporales, Arricefes, Bugambilia, El Carobeno and the many other small restaurants...this one was our favorite BY FAR!!!

Have fun!!!

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#80 shan0487

shan0487
                    • 1,393 posts
                    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:28 AM

This is an amazing thread! Thank you! I can't believe I just found it! Maybe more recent brides can add something to this thread?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users