Jump to content

Photo

Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana


  • Please log in to reply
863 replies to this topic

#451 ntlsnow

ntlsnow
  • Jr. Member
  • 204 posts

    Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:04 AM

    I might change my mind...LOL! I know I could use that extra money for our AHR. I was not going to have one, but some close family cannot make it and they talked me into it. Otherwise I love the Sand package. The best package I saw out of all of the resorts I have looked at.

     

    Originally Posted by Dominican Ally 

    I think going with a dinner reservation is totally fine! Your guests can gather after dinner in the lobby bar, and then to the disco if you want to dance the night away :) Especially since you are having an AHR!

     

    We have a really good portion of our family and friends joining us, and if we have an AHR it will literally just be a backyard bbq type thing - very casual and inexpensive. So - for me, my only real reception will be down there - which is why we're doing the Sand Ext. package. My family is spread out around the country, so the AHR will just be for some of the local family and friends who didn't end up coming down south with us.....

     

    I think the beauty of a destination wedding, is that you can do it any way you want to, which is perfect!

     

     



     



    #452 ntlsnow

    ntlsnow
    • Jr. Member
    • 204 posts

      Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

      Waiting to hear back on the date. :-(

      Then I will add on.

       

      Originally Posted by Dominican Ally 

      So ladies, I was thinking just to make it easier to keep straight - we could do a little posting like I've seen on some of the other resort's forums where we keep track of our dates?! What do you think? I'll start with mine, and if you want to add yours in to the list (in date order) - just add it and repost....that way we know who's wedding is coming up and if any of us will overlap etc.

       

       

       

       

       

      DominicanAlly (Alicia)             Wedding: April 11, 2013             Travel: April 6-20

       

       



       



      #453 ntlsnow

      ntlsnow
      • Jr. Member
      • 204 posts

        Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:07 AM

        Just yesterday? Makes me feel a little better. LOL. I cannot wait to be excited about a date finally too. Ill keep you ladies posted.

        No just a symbolic ceremony, I am going to wait until the end of the week and then send another e-mail.

         

        Originally Posted by jlb392 

        I'm not that much further....I did just finally get the date yesterday.  Are you doing a legal ceremony?  If so, it may take a couple days for them to get back to you with the judge's availability.
         



         



         



        #454 jlb392

        jlb392
        • Jr. Member
        • 197 posts

          Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

          If you're doing a symbolic ceremony it should be easier to get a date/time that you want.  Ours is a little earlier in the day then we were hoping for, but the judge wasn't available later.
           

          Originally Posted by ntlsnow 

          Just yesterday? Makes me feel a little better. LOL. I cannot wait to be excited about a date finally too. Ill keep you ladies posted.

          No just a symbolic ceremony, I am going to wait until the end of the week and then send another e-mail.

           



           



           



          #455 KristinaM

          KristinaM
          • VIP Member
          • 3,082 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
          • LocationNew Jersey

          Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

          Hey Ladies! Looks like all three of us are close together!

           

          DominicanAlly (Alicia)             Wedding: April 11, 2013             Travel: April 6-20

          jlb392 (Jessica)                      Wedding: April 17, 2013             Travel: April 14-24

          KristinaM (Kristina)                 Wedding: April 18, 2013             Travel April 13-27

           

           

           

          Our travel isn't booked yet though since it's not yet available down here! I can't wait to get that done.

           



          #456 jlb392

          jlb392
          • Jr. Member
          • 197 posts

            Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

            we haven't been able to book our travel or hotel yet either.  I'm wondering when the rates will be loaded for next April.....
             

            Originally Posted by KristinaM 

            Hey Ladies! Looks like all three of us are close together!

             

            DominicanAlly (Alicia)             Wedding: April 11, 2013             Travel: April 6-20

            jlb392 (Jessica)                      Wedding: April 17, 2013             Travel: April 14-24

            KristinaM (Kristina)                 Wedding: April 18, 2013             Travel April 13-27

             

             

             

            Our travel isn't booked yet though since it's not yet available down here! I can't wait to get that done.

             



             



            #457 KristinaM

            KristinaM
            • VIP Member
            • 3,082 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
            • LocationNew Jersey

            Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

            I'm thinking around May. Right now expedia says Packages can only be booked within the next 330 days and you can select out to the beginning of February 2013.



            #458 jlb392

            jlb392
            • Jr. Member
            • 197 posts

              Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

              ohhh....I hadn't even thought of doing a package through expedia.  I'll have to check it out.
               

              Originally Posted by KristinaM 

              I'm thinking around May. Right now expedia says Packages can only be booked within the next 330 days and you can select out to the beginning of February 2013.



               



              #459 KristinaM

              KristinaM
              • VIP Member
              • 3,082 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
              • LocationNew Jersey

              Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

              Oh yeah we always book packages-- we generally use like expedia or hotwire.com 

               



              #460 jlb392

              jlb392
              • Jr. Member
              • 197 posts

                Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

                I've always shied away from them, since I used to work in hotels and we hated when people booked through a 3rd party, but if it gets us a better deal, then I'm all for it.  Especially since flights were looking pretty pricey
                 

                Originally Posted by KristinaM 

                Oh yeah we always book packages-- we generally use like expedia or hotwire.com

                 






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users