Jump to content

Photo

Help me Pick a Necklace for my BM's


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

    Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:28 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by akh
    i picked #3 because i like the simple, understated look of it - and i am sure they could wear it again.
    Same reason i voted #3

    #22 JulieG

    JulieG
    • VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

      Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:00 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sunsierra
      I voted for #2 (but I would change the chain it comes on)... but after seeing the dresses, I think #3 would be a great choice.

      EDIT: Sorry I didn't read the last post.... I see you're going for #3. Can I ask where you're getting them from on ebay
      I am going to try tonight to get them from Ebay, can't do it from work. Also, all the information is at home on my pc. So, I will tell you tonight where I get them from, I just can't remember the name right now. But, I did do a search and typed in Starfish Necklace under Jewellery and found lots. These are just the ones I liked the most.

      My FH will be happy you all picked number 3, its the one he liked the best. Not that he actually really cared which one I picked, he just had to put his opinion out there. lol

      #23 cheese_diva

      cheese_diva
      • VIP Member
      • 1,966 posts

        Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:16 PM

        Are you getting the Tiffany & Co knockoff? I was looking into that but I know they'll ask if they're real and of course I'll tell them.. if you google search "Tiffany & Co Starfish" They come up on ioffer.com and a couple other places with the pouches/bags/boxes.... lol

        little worried because they ship from China though and who knows if their necks will turn green..
        http://i148.photobuc....0smash/032.jpg
        faberphotography.com
        <a href="http://lilypie.com/"><img src="http://lb2f.lilypie.com/Yg4Cm8.png" width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie Second Birthday tickers" /></a>

        #24 JulieG

        JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

          Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:25 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by cheese_diva
          Are you getting the Tiffany & Co knockoff? I was looking into that but I know they'll ask if they're real and of course I'll tell them.. if you google search "Tiffany & Co Starfish" They come up on ioffer.com and a couple other places with the pouches/bags/boxes.... lol

          little worried because they ship from China though and who knows if their necks will turn green..
          It is not a knockoff, they just show it on a tiffany colour background.

          I have ordered things that shipped from China many times and I have had no problems at all. Also, my girls would not know if they were Tiffany or not and nor would they ask, so I have no worries there, we are not into that whole name brand thing (my group of friends), if we like it, we don't care who makes it. lol

          I can tell you how it looks when I get it. Also, I doubt they would turn green, these sellers need good reviews to get more customers, so they make sure its a good product. I always look at the review first.

          #25 mandm

          mandm
          • Newbie
          • 78 posts

            Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:31 PM

            Personally... I am so plain... Love #2

            #26 JulieG

            JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

              Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:33 PM

              This is the listing if anyone is interested

              eBay.ca: fancy starfish pendant, 925 Sterling Silver Necklace 83 (item 250141297924 end time 12-Jul-07 18:42:30 EDT)

              I emailed them to ask how much it would be for 4 total with shipping to Canada. I will tell you what they say and let you all know.

              Thanks for all your input, its greatly appreciated.

              #27 JulieG

              JulieG
              • VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

                Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:41 PM

                This is the only one I could find on the Tiffany site (I am sure it comes in white gold as well), and I don't think it looks anything like the one I am getting, so I don't see how they would think it was a knock off. Just something to think about if that was the reason you were not getting it.

                Tiffany & Co. | Item | Elsa PerettiĀ® Starfish pendant, mini. 18k gold. | Canada

                BTW, I wish I could afford to buy these for them.

                #28 cheese_diva

                cheese_diva
                • VIP Member
                • 1,966 posts

                  Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:52 PM

                  Thanks so much for the link.. I hope you didn't think I was making fun of you or anything..that's so not what I meant. I was really making fun of myself because I too was looking for the starfish necklaces for my girls and I came across a bunch of Tiffany knockoffs and read that E-bay got in big trouble from Tiffany for letting them be sold.

                  Anyhow I thought it would be fun for them to see the box and wonder.. I want to get them something special, but that would break the bank. They aren't into brands either, but what girl hasn't wanted something out a Tiffany box? lol

                  I like your choice!
                  http://i148.photobuc....0smash/032.jpg
                  faberphotography.com
                  <a href="http://lilypie.com/"><img src="http://lb2f.lilypie.com/Yg4Cm8.png" width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie Second Birthday tickers" /></a>

                  #29 JulieG

                  JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

                    Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:56 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by cheese_diva
                    Thanks so much for the link.. I hope you didn't think I was making fun of you or anything..that's so not what I meant. I was really making fun of myself because I too was looking for the starfish necklaces for my girls and I came across a bunch of Tiffany knockoffs and read that E-bay got in big trouble from Tiffany for letting them be sold.

                    Anyhow I thought it would be fun for them to see the box and wonder.. I want to get them something special, but that would break the bank. They aren't into brands either, but what girl hasn't wanted something out a Tiffany box? lol

                    I like your choice!
                    Of course I did not think that!!! I am sorry if you thought that from my response, its funny cause I was just trying to find you the real one so that you did not have to worry about your girls thinking it was real, I was trying to help you in case you wanted to get them as well. lol

                    You are right though, something in a little blue box would be great in my mind.

                    #30 LCBride2007

                    LCBride2007

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

                      Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:08 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Julesr
                      This is the only one I could find on the Tiffany site (I am sure it comes in white gold as well), and I don't think it looks anything like the one I am getting, so I don't see how they would think it was a knock off. Just something to think about if that was the reason you were not getting it.

                      Tiffany & Co. | Item | Elsa PerettiĀ® Starfish pendant, mini. 18k gold. | Canada

                      BTW, I wish I could afford to buy these for them.
                      i actually like the eBay ones better!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users