Photo

Something blue....Larimar

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rubialoca

rubialoca
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:31 AM

So I was thinking since I'm getting married in the Dominican Republic maybe my "something blue" could be Larimar jewelry, since it's their national stone. Do you girls think having a little blue in my jewelry would look ok with a wedding dress? Or should I keep it more hidden and wear it as an anklet or something?

#2 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

Depends on which piece you are getting I think. DH gave me the signature flip flop pendant, but I didn't wear because I didn't think it was dressy enough with my wedding gown. But if you went with a different design then I think it could work. Just make sure it doesn't clash with your other colors (ie, bouquet, BM dresses, etc). And just to let you know, larimar is more of an aqua or teal (for when you are matching with your other colors!)

#3 tlcmd

tlcmd
      • 20 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:30 AM

That sounds like a really good idea!

#4 sea bride

sea bride
        • 9 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:55 PM

I did that!
          We got married at the bahia principe san Juan and I wore an anklet...this was a second marriage for both so my dres was not white...it was a pale blue and it was long. You could se it a bit on my ankle but it looked very nice...had many compliments on it...and that it was a shade of blue!

M.

#5 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
          • 2,528 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:26 AM

I am giving my BM's larimar necklaces as their gifts to wear for the ceremony... We have pool blue dresses for them, so it will go well!! :)
            Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#6 rubialoca

rubialoca
            • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:50 AM

It wouldn't be the larimar stuff that you find at the beach vendors...I was thinking more of the higher end white gold/larimar stuff. But I think the anklet might make more sense cuz as Amanda said it might clash with the flowers. Plus I went to pick up my ring today and saw a really nice pendant and earrings that would match perfectly with it!

#7 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:16 AM

I got a beautiful ring from a beach vendor on a family vaca, it would have been perfect for this type of thing.

#8 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:58 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by rubialoca
                  It wouldn't be the larimar stuff that you find at the beach vendors...I was thinking more of the higher end white gold/larimar stuff. But I think the anklet might make more sense cuz as Amanda said it might clash with the flowers. Plus I went to pick up my ring today and saw a really nice pendant and earrings that would match perfectly with it!
                  Mine is the higher end as well - DH got mine from Harrison's which is the "larimar jewellery store" at the resorts. It cost about $300 for the pendant & chain I think.

#9 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                  • 2,528 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:40 PM

Yeah Amanda the "real" larimar is way expensive... and actually, Dominicans say that if you buy real larimar its good luck and fake larimar is BAD luck!!
                    Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#10 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:03 PM

Sweet!!! That's awesome Natasha! So I have real larimar (check)...rain on my wedding day (check)...I'm in for some good luck then!!! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users