Sleeves? Bolero jacket?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dyanh

• 23 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:07 PM

I fell in love with a beautiful strapless Maggie Sottero gown but now I'm having second thoughts about bearing my arms. I know I have several months to go but I'm sorta apple shaped which means I like my legs but my upper half (particularly my upper arms) never gets thin, even when I lose weight. I'm scared that I'm going to feel uncomfortable and self-conscious all day and avoid the camera, so I'm thinking about getting a bolero jacket.

Any ideas? Anyone with the same issue? I saw online that David's Bridal sells removable cap sleeves, but I'm thinking I may want more coverage than that.

#2 **~Linda~**

• 1,326 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

Had a friend who used a bolero jacket because she felt uncomfortable with the way her bare arms looked. In the wedding you have to feel as comfortable as you can with what you decide to wear. Did you buy the dress in a bridal shop? If so did you ask if you had any sleeve options that could be added to the gown? Here are a ton of of bolrero options. I think the boleros as nice because they give you the option of taking it off at some point during the wedding =D

#3 dyanh

• 23 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:17 PM

Actually, I bought my dress on Ebay, so I can't really go back to where I bought it.

Thanks so much for the link!! I found at least two jackets on the site that I like.

#4 trobin01

• 203 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:14 PM

Be comfortable! Get the Bolero and once you start partying it up you may decide to take it off. If not, no problem.

#5 alkoch

• 515 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:14 PM

I think you should get the jacket if it makes you feel comfortable! You can always take it off - I'm not sure if you saw it but I love the little jacket by Galina at Davids Bridal I keep seeing it in ads and I absolutely love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users