Photo

Cabo Surf brides - what other hotels are you booking for your guests?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 diana2008

diana2008
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:25 AM

We booked the whole Cabo Surf for our wedding, but we're expecting around 100 guests so we're going to need some overflow hotels. I looked at some maps but can't really tell what the best options are.

We'd like to get room blocks at 2 additional hotels - one at $300 night or less, and another less expensive one ($150?). I don't think there's anything within walking distance, but I would love to find something relatively close so it's not a long trek for people to get there.

Does anyone have any ideas of where their guests stayed/will stay?

Thanks!
    Diana & Robert
    July 5, 2008
    Cabo Surf Hotel

#2 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:32 AM

Diana - most of my guests that didn't stay at the hotel booked condo's in the surrounding area - Coral Baja, Mikonos come to mind. I used ..VRBO® is Vacation Rentals by Owner® Vacation Homes Rentals by Owner as a resource for condo rentals.

#3 Janet

Janet
      • VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:38 AM

yep we relied on vrbo.com heavily as well. one favorite was Las Mananitas.

We were able to rent this place (Sea of Cortez Los Cabos - Home (Villa) Casa Dolphin) for $250/night and 8-9 people slept there. Talk about a serious bargain!

Other options include some of the hotels up in San Jose. I forget what they are now, but there are about 5 of so of them right in a row on the beach that would be plenty nice.

#4 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
        • VIP Member
        • 931 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

We had a lot of guests at Las Olas. Some people rented villas, and we also had a large group that stayed down at Villa Del Arco.

#5 diana2008

diana2008
          • 42 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:55 AM

Thank you, ladies! I will check all of those out.
            Diana & Robert
            July 5, 2008
            Cabo Surf Hotel

#6 acacia

acacia
            • 53 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

I asked Armando at the hotel and he said the Westin is right next door, and some other close hotels The Hilton, The Grand Baja, Crowne Plaza and Royal Solaris..
              I also told people to use VRBO

#7 Janet

Janet
              • VIP Member
              • 7,459 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:08 PM

The Westin isn't far but it's def not "right next door" - truly the next hotel down the road (a few kms) is the Palmilla if your guests have lots of money!

#8 annkaley

annkaley
                • 82 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

A lot of our guests who are not staying at the Cabo Surf Hotel have booked condos through VRBO. We also have a few at the Sheraton, Westin and Hilton, because they wanted to use hotel points.

#9 acacia

acacia
                  • 53 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:04 PM

good to know - thanks janet - i am going to cabo in a month to check it all out so hopefully I will be able to find some other hotels too. sounds like VRBO is the way to go through

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users