Photo

Riu Palace Los Cabos

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 gettingmarried

gettingmarried
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:54 PM

Thanks for the review!! We are having a private reception on the beach. Did you pay extra for the meals? Was the food good?

#12 sstryker

sstryker
    • 42 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

We're looking at the Riu Palace in Los Cabos for Jan 2011.

Did you have to book your own blood tests, did you need a chest xray, and how difficult was it to arrange translation of your documents?

Thanks!
      Staci

#13 gettingmarried

gettingmarried
      • 174 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:11 PM

The WC arranges the blood test, they come right to your room is what I've been told. It was super easy to get everything translated. I just sent a copy of our BC to the translator and 1 week later she sent them to me. Then I called a lady who notrizes them. She came to me house and it took only minuets.

#14 ManTy

ManTy
        • 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:36 PM

Hey, how do I get a hold of a wedding cordinator at the Riu Palace?

#15 ManTy

ManTy
          • 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:18 AM

Hey! I am getting married at the Riu Palace in Cabo in May 2011.  Any pictures, ideas, suggestions would be great! I have no idea where to start! lol Thanks so much :)

#16 omsampad

omsampad
            • 40 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

Hi ManTy,

Congratulations!!! I just got married there this July 2010. Excellent Resort!! All my guest had a fantastic time!!

You will have lots of fun planning your wedding.. If your planning to get your photos done by Mango productions (from the resort) they are fantastic!!! ... I got my hair done by Suzanne Morel - outside the resort since I have heard from other brides she is fantastic.. and she was!

Many many choices where to have your wedding.. Beach, gazebo.. The resort have amazing views wherever you have your reception.

Have fun!! =)

Originally Posted by ManTy 

Hey! I am getting married at the Riu Palace in Cabo in May 2011.  Any pictures, ideas, suggestions would be great! I have no idea where to start! lol Thanks so much :)

#17 lysie217

lysie217
              • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:39 AM

Hi ladies,

I'm a Riu Palace Bride for 2012 and have a few questions to those who know. I would like to know which florist the Riu Palace uses or if we can hire our own florist to have the flowers delivered? What is everyone doing with this?

Also about decorations, is anyone ordering different chairs for the ceremony or other decorations for the reception? I'm wondering how personalized we can make a wedding there? Do the WCs help you with this or are you pretty much on your own with making extra demands/reservations?

Any advice, help would be great!! Congrats to all :)

#18 Rhiannoncabo11

Rhiannoncabo11
                • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

Hey, we are getting married at the RIU palace in november 2011.  I was wondering the same thing, also did you have to pay for alcohol for your reception.? We don't understand why you have to pay if its an all inclusive resort when we get free alcohol 24 hours a day.

#19 Crys

Crys
                  • 76 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by lysie217 

Hi ladies,

I'm a Riu Palace Bride for 2012 and have a few questions to those who know. I would like to know which florist the Riu Palace uses or if we can hire our own florist to have the flowers delivered? What is everyone doing with this?

Also about decorations, is anyone ordering different chairs for the ceremony or other decorations for the reception? I'm wondering how personalized we can make a wedding there? Do the WCs help you with this or are you pretty much on your own with making extra demands/reservations?

Any advice, help would be great!! Congrats to all :)

Hi,

I actually recently emailed the Riu Palace and asked the same question...below is their reply.  Not sure how much help it is :)

Outside Vendors

Couples are allowed to bring an external vendor paying a fee under these terms and conditions:

• Providing complete information of the ouside vendor to the Riu wedding planner onsite .

a) Time contracted for services

B) Arrival Time / Departure time

c) VISA or permission to work in Mexico (for foreigners) RFC or CEDULA FISCAL for Mexicans.

c) Complete name of the assistants who will be working in the facilities.

• The vendors fee has a cost of 300 USD per person

• Catering vendors are not allowed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users