Photo

Barcelo Brides...spanish wedding translator?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wpg2010

wpg2010
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

We are having a legal ceremony at the Barcelo Beach and have been told that our WC will translate as the minister? will be speaking in Spanish. We have a friend that speaks spanish and it would be SO much nicer if he was able to translate. Has anyone ever had anyone else but the WC translate the service.
    Thanks
    75 booked!!! WHOOOP WHOOOPP!!!

#2 Carie

Carie
    • 65 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:51 PM

We were married on the Colonial Beach in Feb 2009 we ended up using the Best Man to translate! Our Judge would speak in Spanish then our WC held the English version for the Best Man to read. It was actually funny and made it more personal. When we watch the wedding DVD now we can still get a laugh at the Best Man trying to say some of the words! ha-ha

#3 barcelo1162010

barcelo1162010
      • 154 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:45 PM

I am getting married at the Barcelo too; I'll have to ask about someone from the wedding party "translate" that is a great idea to make it more personal!

#4 laura4ever

laura4ever
        • 89 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:50 PM

I emailed Claudia and she told me the ceremony was in english.............?

#5 Carie

Carie
          • 65 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:57 PM

I am not certain about all weddings but our Judge spoke Spanish, that's why we needed the english translation. But maybe it has changed in the past year

#6 sfrench0621

sfrench0621
            • 242 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:28 PM

I had heard it was in English as well... hmm

Quote:
              Originally Posted by laura4ever
              I emailed Claudia and she told me the ceremony was in english.............?

#7 pinayflava

pinayflava
              • 193 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:12 AM

when i talked to my WC she told me that all legal ceremonies in Mexico are done in their first language Spanish and that we would require an English translator if we wanted to understand it (our WC will be the one interpreting the ceremony) I would double check to make sure if its legal ceremonyl or a symbolic ceremony

#8 wpg2010

wpg2010
                • 33 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:42 AM

I have heard back from Gabriella and YES, we can have our own translator. The wedding will be done in Spanish, but the "minister" will have an English written version with him so the person translating does not even need to know Spanish.
                  75 booked!!! WHOOOP WHOOOPP!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users