Trip prices dropped!
Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:38 PM
Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:06 AM
Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:09 PM
| Originally Posted by Oryx |
I'm thinking of booking my wedding for February, 2011 in Punta Cana. I have just contacted a TA and just received some quotes from her and they seem pretty high.
I'm wondering how far in advance you sent out your invitations and travel information? Did you wait until 6 months before to start booking your guests?
Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:10 PM
Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:12 PM
| Originally Posted by Fruitcrush |
How frustrating! We just started looking at airline costs and it is going to be $1,069.00 for the two of us round trip from Seattle to Cancun for August 2010. We are so excited to get everything finished and booked but at the same time we are wondering if we should wait and look at tickets the next couple of months....??
Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:26 AM
I've sort of been talking to 3 agents. It seems that if there is any kind of early booking bonus, we have only about a week or two to pay in full. Or the latest quote I got allowed us 3 days to pay in full! WTF? I wouldn't have even been able to get the info out to my guests in that short of time.
The one agent seems VERY confident that we should NOT book with Sunquest and that if we wait, we will still have no trouble booking Dreams for July through another tour operator.
I am seriously doubting it though ..... I don't know what to do. Obviously the cheaper, the better. Right now, it's going to be about $2000 per person, maybe a little more. If waiting means even $200 less, that is at least something, but I am not sure it's worth the risk.
Blaaaahhh.... thanks for listening to me vent!
Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:16 PM
| Originally Posted by eec129 |
Do you have insurance? If the price of our trip goes down, we get that money back!
Thanks in advance!
Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:28 PM
| Originally Posted by TA Maureen |
Some tour operators offer low price guarantee insurance at an additional cost when you purchase their cancel for any reason insurance. Depending on the tour op I use and the booking terms (usually has to be individual bookings not group contracts) I can get the price adjusted as long as it is prior to 45 days before the departure date and there is still availability. Booking terms vary greatly between resorts and tour operators so you have to ask your TA what will happen in each instance.
Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:08 PM
| Originally Posted by TA Maureen |
Published airfare is nonrefundable and non-transferable so once you bought it you own it. No adjustments will be made regardless of where you purchased it (fyi, published airfare differs from the charter flights from Canada and differs from from bulk airfare before anyone corrects me).
Booking directly with the resort does not always offer you the option to make adjustments. It depends on their cancellation policy. you need to read the terms carefully. Also note booking directly with a resort outside the US usually means that your credit card will get charged an international fee when you pay, you have no one to argue on your behalf should something go wrong (tour ops sell these resorts all the time sending thousands of customers to each resort each year rather than just a one time group so a TA and/or tour op has both bargaining power and pull to get results), and that if you are booking a resort that does not include complimentary airport transfers you will have to also purchase those seperately. So that means you will be making phone calls to resorts, airlines, and transportation companies and handling your guests travel questions.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users