Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#4291 SarahJ

SarahJ
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hi, I will be getting married on May 1, 2013....OMG its soo close yet so far... there's so much little things left to do...:)

I get married on April 26th. We don't leave the resort until 4th May so we'll be there at the same time :-)

#4292 MrsCtobe

MrsCtobe
    • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Hi, I'm getting married 31st May, tho will be in the resort from the 22nd. Nearly got everything done, apart from losing weight and getting fit oops xx

#4293 MrsCtobe

MrsCtobe
      • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Hi again, From what I remember to upgrade to bouquet 90 was $88 and number 91 was $120 plus taxes. I have chosen 164, looks lovely, but think it will come up small!!

#4294 Lisa K

Lisa K
        • 15 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Does any past brides or current planners have any advice on how to avoid the vendors fee for photography? I am using Sungold and associates and was thinking of paying for the photographer to stay a night as a guest to avoid the $800 fee...any advice?

#4295 STemple

STemple
          • 171 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Does any past brides or current planners have any advice on how to avoid the vendors fee for photography? I am using Sungold and associates and was thinking of paying for the photographer to stay a night as a guest to avoid the $800 fee...any advice?

I think there are quite a few of us in the same position as yours. I plan to try and negotiate with the WC because that is one of the highest vendor fees around! I'll be sure to let everyone know if I make any progress :)

#4296 tram13

tram13
            • 80 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by STemple 

What I tell my clients is I'm responsible for the travel aspect of the wedding and handling any question your friends and family might have aswell as coordinating any special needs/ requests with the hotel or airline. When it comes to the wedding planning at the resort, that is best handled directly with the resort wedding coordinator. If you have a quote that your are happy with I'd say lock it in :)
              Hope I've helped!

Hey STemple,

I was just wondering, since you are a travel agent...firstly, do price drops happen frequently?  We got a quote that we think it's okay, but we are really hoping that it drops.  My TA told me that we are eligible for the price drop guarantee...and I remember reading somewhere that it's best for me to keep an eye on the prices and notify my TA when they do drop.  Is there any particular day of the week that they usually happen on?  I'm gonna try to commit to checking it once a week...

#4297 JennyO

JennyO
              • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

My Wedding is November 5th 2013.  We are paying $1421 per person if it is for a couple,  $1800 per person (single) and $783 per child

#4298 JennyO

JennyO
                • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

Our wedding is November 5th 2013.  We paid for a package of 30 people.   each person (single) is $1800.   each person (couple) is $1420 and each child is $793

#4299 Stay cee1

Stay cee1
                  • 62 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

For any past brides that used The Grill for your reception...can you tell me what the Mixed Grill was like?  I have guests that are a mix of meat and fish eaters, plus others that are vegetarians.  I'm just trying to envision what to expect as the menu file I received doesn't give the details on what the mixed grill contains.

Much appreciated as always...!!  On the 3 month count down and starting to feel the nerves kick in!!

#4300 tram13

tram13
                    • 80 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by JennyO 

My Wedding is November 5th 2013.  We are paying $1421 per person if it is for a couple,  $1800 per person (single) and $783 per child

Where are you flying out from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users