Jump to content

Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#311 Notlongnow

Notlongnow
  • Newbie
  • 63 posts

    Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:25 AM

    Hi everyone, I am getting married at the GBP on October 1st.

     

    I so wish i had found this forum sooner, it would have saved me so much worry and stress. I have been emailing Beverly to ask questions and she never really gives much away, so frustrating when you know you cant do anything until you get there.

     

    I have just read each and every post on here, and i have now gone cross eyed....however i do feel much more relaxed about the whole thing. Better get posting so i can actually look at downloads.

     

    Kerri your pictures are lovely, i have friend requested you on facebook so i can see more.

     

    Chat to you all soon, better walk the dog cos she keeps looking at me like 'Mum are you still on there!!!!' lol



    #312 akua420

    akua420
    • Jr. Member
    • 301 posts

      Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:32 AM



       

      Originally Posted by missy&eric2011 

      I mentioned this Long Form BC to our TA and she had no idea what i was talking about...I don't mean for it to sound like it will...but is this just a Canada thing? 



      Well I know the different provinces in Canada all call it something different.  Just say a birth certificate with your mother and fathers name on it, cuz thats all 'long-form' really means. 

       

      http://www.visitjama...in-jamaica.aspx

       

      It shows what you need, and it says birth certificate that includes fathers name.

       

      I don't know if maybe the US Birth cert's maybe already have both, and it might just be Canada that doesn't put the parents name on our wallet-size birth certificates.   Just look at what you have, and if it doesn't have your dads name then call vital statistics and they will be able to answer your questions, thats what I did.


      Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

      #313 missy&eric2011

      missy&eric2011
      • Jr. Member
      • 267 posts

        Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:37 AM


        REally?!  You get a wallet sized certificate?!  Mine has my footprints on it and it is the size of a normal piece of paper, but thicker!  How bizarre that it would be that different!  Did you need to have the long form one to get your passport??
         

        Originally Posted by akua420 



         



        Well I know the different provinces in Canada all call it something different.  Just say a birth certificate with your mother and fathers name on it, cuz thats all 'long-form' really means. 

         

        http://www.visitjama...in-jamaica.aspx

         

        It shows what you need, and it says birth certificate that includes fathers name.

         

        I don't know if maybe the US Birth cert's maybe already have both, and it might just be Canada that doesn't put the parents name on our wallet-size birth certificates.   Just look at what you have, and if it doesn't have your dads name then call vital statistics and they will be able to answer your questions, thats what I did.





        #314 akua420

        akua420
        • Jr. Member
        • 301 posts

          Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:14 PM



          Originally Posted by missy&eric2011 


          REally?!  You get a wallet sized certificate?!  Mine has my footprints on it and it is the size of a normal piece of paper, but thicker!  How bizarre that it would be that different!  Did you need to have the long form one to get your passport??
           


           

          Nope, you just have to have I think 2 pieces of g'ment issued ID, so I used my dirvers license and my Birth certificate card.  I mean maybe my mom got one and lost it in the last 25 years, but she can only remember the smaller one, and you have to pay to get the big copy with all the additional information.  I've only ever seen my card sized one.  It just has the number, your name, your birthday and where you were born.  I guess Canada is a lot different then America!  But no footprints anywhere to be seen on the birth certificates here!  Weird!!! 

           


          Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

          #315 daphne

          daphne
          • Newbie
          • 18 posts

            Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:56 AM

            StephAli - im getting married the week before you!



            #316 missy&eric2011

            missy&eric2011
            • Jr. Member
            • 267 posts

              Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:20 AM


              That is really bizarre...never would have thought that...perhaps I should get to looking into it, but as I said, when I mentioned it to our TA...she looked at me really weird!  lol!
               

              Originally Posted by akua420 



              Nope, you just have to have I think 2 pieces of g'ment issued ID, so I used my dirvers license and my Birth certificate card.  I mean maybe my mom got one and lost it in the last 25 years, but she can only remember the smaller one, and you have to pay to get the big copy with all the additional information.  I've only ever seen my card sized one.  It just has the number, your name, your birthday and where you were born.  I guess Canada is a lot different then America!  But no footprints anywhere to be seen on the birth certificates here!  Weird!!! 

               





              #317 missy&eric2011

              missy&eric2011
              • Jr. Member
              • 267 posts

                Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:10 PM



                Yay!  Finally got to see your pics!  Very beautiful!  It is sooo exciting seeing these!  Not to mention a huge relief to see really how gorgeous the place is!!!

                Originally Posted by JMarie 

                Here are some pics Ladies! I don't have access to see if they downloaded or not! I only have 15 posts and I think you need 150 but let me know if you guys can see them!

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 



                Attached Files



                #318 AshleyL

                AshleyL
                • Jr. Member
                • 263 posts

                  Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:21 AM

                  Hi Ladies! Now that I figured out how to upload photos I thought I would share these. My Aunt & Uncle stayed at this resort in 2006 and these are some of their vacation photos. At the time a lot of the resort was still under construction and I believe that there was only one ala carte open (so no pics of the restaurants, sorry), but the had a fab time and have wanted to go back ever since.

                   

                   

                   

                   

                   

                  Jamaica 084.jpgJamaica 085.jpg

                   

                  Jamaica 031.jpg

                   

                   

                   

                  Jamaica 136.jpg


                  Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

                  #319 StephAli

                  StephAli
                  • Newbie
                  • 120 posts

                    Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:28 PM

                    awesome pix!!!



                    #320 akua420

                    akua420
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 301 posts

                      Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

                      Thanks for the pics!


                      Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011




                      2 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users