Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#2621 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

I think we've come in at about $9,000 or $10,000 but we lost money on things that we cancelled,bought invitations that didn't get sent, flower girl dress that won't get worn... all kinds of fun stuff.

Originally Posted by monarch 

What are you guys looking at for your overall budget including your trip there, rings, honeymoon (if you're having one), dress, reception... EVERYTHING.  Just wondered if I'm on track!!!  Everything really adds up!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#2622 Tekeya Thompson

Tekeya Thompson
  • Site Supporter
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

We spent about 11-12K total including our travel and accomodations, welcome bags, the wedding costs, 2 wedding dress, suit, rings, flowers, etc.

What are you guys looking at for your overall budget including your trip there, rings, honeymoon (if you're having one), dress, reception... EVERYTHING.  Just wondered if I'm on track!!!  Everything really adds up!

#2623 Tekeya Thompson

Tekeya Thompson
    • Site Supporter
    • 196 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

I had mine at gazebo, but there is an earlier post where someone had it on the beach and it was very nice!  Gazebo warning....you will have to walk on cobblestone path and the wind is fierce!!!  But it's not hot hot like I thought it would be.  They will arrange the chairs to make it comfortable, plenty of space.

Did not do a cocktail hour, but we did sweet talk one of the bartenders to make us 1 big container of Rum Punch and another Vodka based drink to have at the gazebo after dinner (I rented the gazebo out for dancing).  Chandlyn arranged a cooler of ice to be there.  Also, warning...if you are tossing the garter, make sure to tell her to leave a chair there.  We had to improvise because there was nothing for me to sit on.  I heard the cocktail hour is $15 per guest, but it should be in your wedding packet.

I did Dolce for the wedding.  Food was great, was able to choose the menu.  Wish I picked a different salad and dessert, but come to find out, all of the salads in Jamaica had like a bitter taste (we think it's the lettuce there), not just at Gran Bahia.  But the main entree and soup was very good.  I didn't see bugs in Dolce but they definitely were at the Grill. 

There buffet restaurant does serve some Jamaican dishes and they have a Jerk hut that serves grilled chicken (and you can put jerk sauce on it).  To get the real deal authentic Jerk, I would recommend you get it offsite just to try.

Originally Posted by FoxyRoxy30 

@kenwedjam0902: I'm having a major issue b/c I may also have ~150 guests at my wedding. Can you please let me know how GBP handled such a  large # of guests. Also,

Where did you have your wedding (beach, gazebo) and was the space tight?

Did you have a cocktail hour , where, and how was that handled? Is it $15 per guest for the open bar?

Which private reception location did you choose?  If Dolce Vita, did you have an issue with roaches? Can they do a Jamaican buffet there or are there restrictions for Italian food?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

#2624 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

Our inital budget was $10 000 but we are now down to about $7000.

#2625 Tekeya Thompson

Tekeya Thompson
      • Site Supporter
      • 196 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

Our Wedding Video clippet

#2626 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

I love your video!

Originally Posted by Tekeya Thompson 

Our Wedding Video clippet

#2627 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
        • 335 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:13 PM

We budgeted $12,000, but are running at about $9,500.  That includes a catamaran/Dunn's River excursion as a thank you for all of our guests, our bridal party's suits and dresses, the gazebo with DJ and bartender for our reception, an upgraded flower package with arrangements for the gazebo, our travel, flying our photographers in and OOT stuff galore!  So far so good!  I think we'll definitely be coming in under budget (my FI never thought he'd see the day!)  :) 

Tekeya - your video is stunning!  What an amazing keepsake!  I had originally thought video was overrated, but now I'm rethinking! lol! 

#2628 Tekeya Thompson

Tekeya Thompson
          • Site Supporter
          • 196 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

Thanks!!!  We booked a videographer there in Jamaica, RoxRoy.  I told him I wanted to feel like a movie!   He did a great job

Originally Posted by JayKay 

I love your video! 

#2629 Tekeya Thompson

Tekeya Thompson
            • Site Supporter
            • 196 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

I had to do the video!!!  I preferred that first over pictures.  There were so many moments (like watching him cry) that a camera couldn't pick up the same way. 

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 

We budgeted $12,000, but are running at about $9,500.  That includes a catamaran/Dunn's River excursion as a thank you for all of our guests, our bridal party's suits and dresses, the gazebo with DJ and bartender for our reception, an upgraded flower package with arrangements for the gazebo, our travel, flying our photographers in and OOT stuff galore!  So far so good!  I think we'll definitely be coming in under budget (my FI never thought he'd see the day!)  :)  

Tekeya - your video is stunning!  What an amazing keepsake!  I had originally thought video was overrated, but now I'm rethinking! lol! 

#2630 monarch

monarch
              • 22 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

Hey Tekeya,

Which salad and dessert did you get at the Dolce Vita?  How far before the wedding did they confirm the restaurant and menu for you?  I'm hoping to make menu cards.  How far in advance did she confirm the gazebo party?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Tekeya Thompson 

I had mine at gazebo, but there is an earlier post where someone had it on the beach and it was very nice!  Gazebo warning....you will have to walk on cobblestone path and the wind is fierce!!!  But it's not hot hot like I thought it would be.  They will arrange the chairs to make it comfortable, plenty of space.

Did not do a cocktail hour, but we did sweet talk one of the bartenders to make us 1 big container of Rum Punch and another Vodka based drink to have at the gazebo after dinner (I rented the gazebo out for dancing).  Chandlyn arranged a cooler of ice to be there.  Also, warning...if you are tossing the garter, make sure to tell her to leave a chair there.  We had to improvise because there was nothing for me to sit on.  I heard the cocktail hour is $15 per guest, but it should be in your wedding packet.

I did Dolce for the wedding.  Food was great, was able to choose the menu.  Wish I picked a different salad and dessert, but come to find out, all of the salads in Jamaica had like a bitter taste (we think it's the lettuce there), not just at Gran Bahia.  But the main entree and soup was very good.  I didn't see bugs in Dolce but they definitely were at the Grill. 

There buffet restaurant does serve some Jamaican dishes and they have a Jerk hut that serves grilled chicken (and you can put jerk sauce on it).  To get the real deal authentic Jerk, I would recommend you get it offsite just to try. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users