Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#2611 cupcake1382

cupcake1382
  • Site Supporter
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

Hey everyone- just an update. The manager contacted me and they are refunding my money for the stuff they lost :)
    09-10-11
    Runaway Bay, Jamaica
    I married my best friend!

#2612 ashley490

ashley490
    • 136 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:18 PM

Hi Gals!

I'm hoping to get some of your feedback on song selection.  I've decided to go with the steel drum band for my wedding ceremony.  The part where I'm getting hung up is what song I should walk down the aisle to.  I'm looking for something contemporary, not the traditional stuff, but I'm struggling to pick a song because I can't seem to wrap my mind around what the song will sound like on the steel drums.  I've searched all over youtube and itunes for songs on the steel drums but can't find what I'm looking for.  Any suggestions would be a huge help.  Thanks!!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

#2613 greatbritain

greatbritain
      • 171 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

beautiful pictures!! made me tear up a little! so glad i am going with merrick for my wedding. congrats again :)

Originally Posted by Espejo2be 

Hey girl,
        It sounds like you're all a little stressed and things aren't going the easiest with the wedding coordinators right now. I remember being there and I remember SOOO many things going wrong on the day that we had already planned out and thought would be perfect.... In the end we ate married, we can look back and laugh at some of the things we stressed about because overall, it wasn't just the day that we had to look back on, it was the whole week we had to make memories with family and friends.

We got a link to a sneak peek if our wedding photos last night, they were done by Merrick cousley ( who by the way is not only an amazing wedding photographer but he lifted my spirits when so many things went wring and on top of it all, our wedding was down poured on! I don't know what unwound have done without him!!) our trash the dress pictures are coming this weekend, I will be sure to post them.

Hope this makes you girls feel a little better, looking ahead to your big day, because no matter how many things went wrong... That what made our wedding special and unique to us!

http://youtu.be/-UmlaG3NZMI?hd=1

Enjoy! :)

#2614 greatbritain

greatbritain
        • 171 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

Great!! I am glad to hear there is some professionalism there.

Originally Posted by cupcake1382 

Hey everyone- just an update. The manager contacted me and they are refunding my money for the stuff they lost :)

#2615 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
          • 335 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

Hey Ashley... Try think link: http://www.youtube.c...?v=5MVk6kFDzIY.  It has a whole bunch of different wedding songs on steel drums and is a good starting point at least! 

Originally Posted by ashley490 

Hi Gals!

I'm hoping to get some of your feedback on song selection.  I've decided to go with the steel drum band for my wedding ceremony.  The part where I'm getting hung up is what song I should walk down the aisle to.  I'm looking for something contemporary, not the traditional stuff, but I'm struggling to pick a song because I can't seem to wrap my mind around what the song will sound like on the steel drums.  I've searched all over youtube and itunes for songs on the steel drums but can't find what I'm looking for.  Any suggestions would be a huge help.  Thanks!

#2616 FoxyRoxy30

FoxyRoxy30
            • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

@kenwedjam0902: I'm having a major issue b/c I may also have ~150 guests at my wedding. Can you please let me know how GBP handled such a  large # of guests. Also,

Where did you have your wedding (beach, gazebo) and was the space tight?

Did you have a cocktail hour , where, and how was that handled? Is it $15 per guest for the open bar?

Which private reception location did you choose?  If Dolce Vita, did you have an issue with roaches? Can they do a Jamaican buffet there or are there restrictions for Italian food?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

#2617 acw271011

acw271011
              • Moderators
              • 3,128 posts
              • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
              • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
              • LocationToronto Area

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

here's his link: 

I would really appreciate if you shared the link for that music!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#2618 monarch

monarch
              • 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hi Espejo2be!  I was wondering if you had any problems getting those blue flowers?  What were they called and where did you get them from?

Thanks!!!

#2619 monarch

monarch
                • 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:55 PM

What are you guys looking at for your overall budget including your trip there, rings, honeymoon (if you're having one), dress, reception... EVERYTHING.  Just wondered if I'm on track!!!  Everything really adds up!

#2620 cupcake1382

cupcake1382
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 252 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

Total... we spend about 26K...

Originally Posted by monarch 

What are you guys looking at for your overall budget including your trip there, rings, honeymoon (if you're having one), dress, reception... EVERYTHING.  Just wondered if I'm on track!!!  Everything really adds up!

09-10-11
                    Runaway Bay, Jamaica
                    I married my best friend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users