Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#2081 MIssdonne

MIssdonne
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

Oups (again.. sorry!!!) here is the picture

IMG_0135.JPG100_0692.JPGDSCN0272.JPG

At the reception

P1020495.jpg

This is my cake on the floor.... lololololololol!!!!!!!! I drop it!!!! lololol

IMG_0249.jpg

#2082 tamandrob

tamandrob
    • 349 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

Congrats! Your pictures are awesome! Looks and sounds like you had a great time! I have a few questions for you; I was wondering how far is the grill from the gazebo? What was the food like? Thanks and congrats again!

Originally Posted by MIssdonne 

At the reception

P1020495.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#2083 mekanabr

mekanabr
      • 537 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:10 AM

Congrats MissDonne!  You looked beautiful and your pictures are great.  So funny about the cake!!!!

#2084 ashley490

ashley490
        • 136 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

It's only $1350 for the Blissful pkg if you're getting married in 2011, if you're a 2012 bride you'll get the lower price.  The package information comes from Chandlyn at GBPJ.  Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by DanielleP 

Hi,

Thanks everyone for all the awesome information. Love It

Just wondering Tekeya Thompson where did you get your information for those prices of the wedding packages?? I was told that it is $1350 for the Blissful package and I was told that today??? 

Thank you

Danielle

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

#2085 MIssdonne

MIssdonne
          • 31 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

Thank you!

The grill was good we had onion soup, caesar salad, the mix grill (3 meat:chicken and.... I forgot the rest) or fish (the guest had to choose)! really good. The Grill and the Italian was little bit far. 

Originally Posted by tamandrob 

Congrats! Your pictures are awesome! Looks and sounds like you had a great time! I have a few questions for you; I was wondering how far is the grill from the gazebo? What was the food like? Thanks and congrats again!

#2086 MrsAprilDewees

MrsAprilDewees
            • 31 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:39 PM

Thanx soo much for that! I love lamb chops, so I'll keep Garden Grill in mind. Otherwise, I'll breathe for a bit and wait for Donnalee to contact me again or Chandlyn! I'm not sure if we're doing entertainment or not, but 'll make sure to get on top of that!

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 

Congrats!  I'm sure Donnalee will send you this eventually, but here are the restaurants and their menus that you can choose if you want a semi-private reception.  And you can mix and match menu items rather than pick one entire selection.  This is included in your all inclusive rate.  If you choose to have a private reception, the cost is $2500 I believe.  

Dolce Vita Restaurant

MENU No 1

Cream of Tomato and fresh Basil Spinach Ravioli with Sauce "Boscaila" Beef Scalloppini with Fungi Sauce Porcini Tiramisu

MENU No 2

Minestrone Soup Neapolitan Penne Rigatto Seafood Choppino Panna cotta

MENU No 3

Caprese Salad Cream of Roasted Squash and Thyme Chicken breast with ricotta, walnuts and bacon - basil - risotto crunch Profiteroles with Cream and Chocolate Coulis

Garden Grill Restaurant

MENU No 1

Coleslaw Salad Onion Soup au Gratin with Bread Crouton Mix Grill Cheese cake

MENU No 2

Caesar salad with chicken Beef and Vegetable Soup Snapper with Balsamic Sauce and Tequila Reduction Lemon pie

MENU No 3

Blue Cheese Salad Mexican Tortilla Soup Grilled Lamb Chops with Baked Potatoes Apple crumbleMENUS FOR GROUPS - WEDDINGS

If you're wanting to book entertainment for your reception/ceremony or if you're wanting to book the DJs or bartenders for a reception after dinner, I would request those soon as well!  As they often have 2+ weddings on the same day, they can get booked up quickly!   Good luck!   

#2087 MrsAprilDewees

MrsAprilDewees
              • 31 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

Thanx for the heads up! As I'm getting things preliminarily settled I need to slow down and enjoy the ride a little. LOL I want everything set in stone RIGHT NOW :-P

Originally Posted by cupcake1382 

@MrsAprilDewees- I suggest you hold off on booking a restaurant, you may not even be able to book this early. Their restaurants aren't all open all the time so she may tell you to wait closer to your date to pick a restaurant. Also, don't get worried about returning emails. They are super busy but usually take about 2 weeks to answer mine and my wedding is 75 days away :) If my email isn't answered within 2 weeks I usually just re-send.

@BusyBee123You only have to purchase day passes if you are inviting the hair/make up person to attend the ceremony/reception. You don't have to pay for them to simply come to your room and do their service.

I've heard good things from a friend who got married there last year about the hair and make up people. And yes, you can get the trial before as long as you book it.

#2088 MrsAprilDewees

MrsAprilDewees
                • 31 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

The pictures are gorgeous!!!!! Congrats!  love how everyone in the group stuck with you color theme!

Questions: Who was your photographer? How much did the gazebo cost the rent (since that sounds like a wonderful idea for the dance), and which wedding package did you choose??

Thanx!! ^_^

At the reception

P1020495.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

#2089 MrsAprilDewees

MrsAprilDewees
                  • 31 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

Missdonne, I tried to reply before but it must not have gone through. Your pictures were gorgeous!!!! i love how everyone dressed in your color theme! Who was your photographer??

I was curious what wedding package you selected!??

I think i am going to try to rent the gazebo for my first dance now that you mentioned it! how much is that??

Thanx soo much and congrats!!

Thank you!

The grill was good we had onion soup, caesar salad, the mix grill (3 meat:chicken and.... I forgot the rest) or fish (the guest had to choose)! really good. The Grill and the Italian was little bit far. 

#2090 JayKay

JayKay
                    • 3,472 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

Congrats!! Your pictures are beautiful!!

At the reception

P1020495.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users