Photo

Marrying a Dominican

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 NOMAAM

NOMAAM
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:43 PM

My fiancee is Dominican. She grew up in La Vega, DR. Came to the states a few years ago and we met at work.

#12 mariyaluis

mariyaluis
    • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:06 PM

My fiance (soon to be husband) is born, raised and currently living in the Dominican Republic. We met April 18th 2008 while I was on vacation and he was taking a long weekend off to relax in the hotel I was staying in...got engaged September 26th 2009 and getting married February 27th 2010 in Riu Bachata, Puerto Plata.
      The whole process of "proving" our relationship is a bit of a downer but it's just something that must be done in order to be together.

#13 nsimpson

nsimpson
      • 325 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:28 PM

I can totally relate to having to prove your relationship. My fiance is not Dominican but is a Dominican permanent resident and has been living and working in DR; we met almost 4 years ago while we were both on vacation with friends and never imagined that just a few short years later we would be engaged!
        Love is a wonderful thing!
        Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

#14 luciel2820

luciel2820
        • 474 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:59 PM

Just found this thread, but hope it can update now..

FI and I are both Dominican, he was born in DR and has been living in NY since he was 10. I was born and raised here, but my family is Dominican.

This is the main reason we decided on Punta Cana and not Mexico, so our family that lives in the DR can go.

#15 khomac

khomac
          • 380 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:40 AM

Welcome Luciel! I just sent our application away on March 4th for his permanent resident visa to come to Canada. Haven't heard anything back from them as to whether they've started the process or not though
            Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
            Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#16 DMB1980

DMB1980
            • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

MY FI is a first generation Dominican.

#17 luciel2820

luciel2820
              • 474 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:17 PM

3 of my cousins married woman from the DR and I know it takes quite a while for the whole process, but I believe they were here about a year after the wedding.
                I know this doesn't help much and I know it kind of sucks but hopefully everything will be done soon.

#18 khomac

khomac
                • 380 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:49 PM

Ya, ours will be about a year after the wedding as well (hopefully!). Doesn't help that my stupid resort took 3 months after the certificate was issued to MAIL IT TO ME! I could have had it the first 2 weeks in December, instead I got it March 4th!

I'm praying that we don't have any problems during the process. Fingers crossed!
                  Kelly & Pablo

Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#19 khomac

khomac
                  • 380 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by clairehoyos
                    Our recently wedding in Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro resort was memorable and beautiful and our wedding was so much more than we expected! The WC was great...
                    Congrats! When was your wedding? What part of the Dominican is your husband from? Will you be moving there or him to Canada?
                    Kelly & Pablo

#20 khomac

khomac
                    • 380 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

Turns out clairehoyos was spamming the forums and didn't actually marry a Dominican! HA! So much for that friendship!
                      Kelly & Pablo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users