Photo

My 1st DIY Project - Foam door hangers!!!!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 KRama

KRama
  • 421 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:58 PM

I love the door hanger idea. One question, probably a dumb one but I guess I'm not criminal minded enough to know...what would be the security issues of having your name on your door?

#12 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
    • 429 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:29 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by KRama
      I love the door hanger idea. One question, probably a dumb one but I guess I'm not criminal minded enough to know...what would be the security issues of having your name on your door?
      Good question!

We have about 4 single people in rooms, one of them being my 21 year old sister. I don't want people knowing they are staying alone. I heard the idea from another bride on here. We know our resort is safe but we don't want to take any chances. Another thing we were told is it isn't a good idea to single out the bride/groom too. Because people think that the bride/groom will have lots of money and wedding gifts in their room.

It's also a good idea to have a lock to lock your valuables in your suitcase when you aren't in your room!

~ Erica

#13 kayr

kayr
      • 149 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:58 AM

I love these and have bought my door hangers to make mine too, but not started them yet. Thanks for sharing them. xx

#14 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
        • 429 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:45 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by kayr
          I love these and have bought my door hangers to make mine too, but not started them yet. Thanks for sharing them. xx
          Great! Now lets brainstorm and come up with some more sayings!!!

Post your pictures when you're done!

Can't wait to see them!!

~ Erica

#15 lily17bear

lily17bear
          • 217 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:51 AM

Erica, I absolutely love your idea. I would've never, ever thought of something so quirky and fun. I agree with you on the reasons behind not putting personal info on them. I would love to do them, and maybe even putting our monogram on them. Now that would be tricky. Do they sell door hangers that are not foam, or that you could print something on?

#16 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
            • 429 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:00 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lily17bear
              Erica, I absolutely love your idea. I would've never, ever thought of something so quirky and fun. I agree with you on the reasons behind not putting personal info on them. I would love to do them, and maybe even putting our monogram on them. Now that would be tricky. Do they sell door hangers that are not foam, or that you could print something on?
              Hello! Thanks... if it wasn't for this great forum, I would have never done half of the stuff I've done. Love this forum!!!

Hmmm... printable door hangers that aren't foam. Do you mean something like this?
              Amazon.com: BLANKS/USA Pre-Cut Jumbo Door HangEr, 15 Sheets, 30 Door Hangers (DHT08X9WH): Office Products

That would be a fun idea as well. Good Luck!

~ Erica

#17 vdaybride

vdaybride
              • 1,412 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:06 AM

Great job, your guest will love them. Mine might too...*wheels are spinning* :)
                Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#18 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
                • 997 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

Great job! I'm so excited to be at this stage of wedding planning! How about one that says "At the Pool Bar"?

#19 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
                  • 429 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bahiabride2010
                    Great job! I'm so excited to be at this stage of wedding planning! How about one that says "At the Pool Bar"?
                    Great one! Now give me about 5 more... ha-ha!

Thanks for your help!

~ Erica

#20 buehler.allison

buehler.allison
                    • 99 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:40 PM

So cute!! Good way to keep track of your guests! i.e. know which room they are in!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users