Photo

Worried about weather in February :/

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 vdaybride

vdaybride
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:21 AM

I am getting married on February 14, 2010. The ceremony will be on the beach at 4:00. The reception will be held on a terrace. I am a little worried that it will be chilly once the sun goes down and my guest will be uncomfortable, being exposed to the elements for up to 7 hours. I am debating moving the reception into one of the ballrooms, but I really want the experience of having the reception outside.... confused!!
    Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#2 super19

super19
    • 1,123 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

Perhaps you could buy pashminas for the ladies attending your wedding to keep them warm. That way you can still be outside.

#3 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:18 AM

That's exactly what I was going to say!! You can get pashmina's for cheap

Or you could just expect your guests to know that the evenings are chilly & plan for it...although mine didn't!! But realistically, are the rooms that far from the terrace that they couldnt scoot out between events & grab a sweater/wrap/etc??

Good luck!! And I wouldn't change your plans that drastically for the sake of people maybe being a little chilly!

#4 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:53 AM

I was there in January which should be chillier but it was actually beautiful at night. Pashminas are for sure all you will need

#5 shiplandsafish

shiplandsafish
          • 19 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:14 PM

We are getting married 11 days after you and that's plenty of time to tell everyone to bring a sweater/pashmina/coverup. We have set up a wedding website (Wedding Websites by eWedding.com) and our guests are checking it regularly. We're not going to change the outdoor terrace for dinner and dancing - that's one of the best parts of getting married in Mexico! We're also going to put a pdf. or word attachment on the site closer to the wedding with the full itinerary of the week and other useful notes (bring sunglasses and water for hot ceremony at 4:00 pm, shawl or sweater for reception later, etc.). Hopefully they'll all be dancing and being a little chilly won't even be an issue!

#6 Patti

Patti
            • 555 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:18 PM

Be careful which pashminas you buy. The one I got was a great price ($3.95) but is very thin. I'm getting married mid-December of this year and am just hoping that it won't be too cool for such a thin pashmina.

#7 shellk

shellk
              • 1,784 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:22 PM

as you know i get married on the 15th lol.dont change your plans have it on the terrace.guests will take something to put on at night anyway if they have been abroad at that time of year before.they can sort themselves out.dont worry

#8 Patti

Patti
                • 555 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:31 PM

That's exactly right. My guests don't know that I have pashminas for them, however, I have informed them that it will probably be cool in the evenings, so I'm sure they will bring a sweater or light jacket.

#9 vdaybride

vdaybride
                  • 1,412 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:03 AM

Thank you ladies. I had the idea to get pashminas, I just worried about them still being cold. You are right though, I won't change my plans!!!! I live near the wholesale garment district. I can find pashminas of good quality for $30 for a dozen. I need to take the time to go down and pick them up.. tick tock, tick tock.

shellk... you are too funny. Is it for religious reasons that you didn't choose 2/14?
                    Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#10 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
                    • 361 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:07 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Patti
                      Be careful which pashminas you buy. The one I got was a great price ($3.95) but is very thin. I'm getting married mid-December of this year and am just hoping that it won't be too cool for such a thin pashmina.
                      did you get it from this website? I am thinking of buying from them...

Wholesale pashmina solid scarves wholesale pashmina scarves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users