Photo

Book Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

I tried a search but didn't find anything but I'm looking for some "easy reads" for the beach. I have a kindle and wanted to load it up before we leave (on Tuesday morning) and was reaching out to your girls for some good beach reads!

Any suggestions?!
    Danielle & John
    Aventura Spa Palace
    October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#2 aimee!

aimee!
    • 696 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

hmm... i know there is an awesome books thread around here somewhere... let me see if i can find it.

here you go:
      http://bestdestinati....es-read-40816/
      Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#3 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
      • 1,114 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

I just finished 'Something Borrowed' From Emily Griffith? I loved it so much I bought the sequel, Something Blue.
        Married to my BEST FRIEND!
        July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
        Non-Pro Pics:
        http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
        Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#4 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
        • 226 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:30 PM

I read that whole series! I loved those books!
          Danielle & John
          Aventura Spa Palace
          October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#5 Gr8ful

Gr8ful
          • 155 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:45 PM

I love the Phillippa Gregory books about Anne Boleyn & the Tudors (The Other Boleyn Girl, The Boleyn Inheritance, The Constant Princess, etc. etc). Great historical fiction -- very interesting, some history (so you learn something) and a dash of trashiness that I cannot resist!

#6 Marne

Marne
            • 120 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:47 PM

I just read a ton of books that were amazing - not as much 'beach reads' as the Something Borrowed series - but amazing. I can only think of four of them right now. This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Topper is at the top of the list. I don't know the authors for the rest but: Little Bee, The Help, and Hothouse Flower and the Nine Plants of Desire. I highly recommend all 4 books - but if I have to rank them, This is Where I Leave You and The Help were my favorites.

#7 aprilmay

aprilmay
              • 266 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:40 AM

Hey while you're all at it, can anyone suggest a book or two that would be good for an FI who DOESN'T read?!?! I've tried and tried, but can't think of anything that might keep him entertained for long enough. He just keeps telling me to find him poker magazines.

#8 Marne

Marne
                • 120 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:13 AM

If he likes poker, what about Bringing Down the House - it's about card counting and blackjack. Michael Lewis also writes great 'man' books. He wrote Moneyball - about baseball scouting, The Blind Side which was just made into a movie with Sandra Bullock - about the evolution of the right tackle (football), Liars Poker about Lehman Brothers. He's a great author. My fiance also loves Michael Chabon - he writes fiction.

#9 aprilmay

aprilmay
                  • 266 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

Oooh nice, thanks Marne! I'm defnitely going to check those two authors out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users