170 replies to this topic

#31 TA Wendy

TA Wendy

Insiders

• Insiders
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

Hi Jamie,
    I would be glad to try to answer your questions, and perhaps work with you, however if you are under deposit with another agent, it could be a bit sticky to change in the middle of your booking. - Hopefully the other TA is not one of ours from here on BDW as we do not ever compete with one another. I specialize in Cancun / Riviera Maya, so if that is your area and you would like talk with me I would be happy to do that!

Feel free to PM me or email at wendy@wrighttravelagency.com 

Best regards,

TA Wendy

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
    Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#32 JenK

JenK
    • 302 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

A TA has been vital for me-to answer all of my questions and to help me with looking for the best rates! I am working with Becky from Blue Petal Weddings and she is FABULOUS! And Canadian which is helpful for me!

#33 jamieirene

jamieirene
      • 650 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:42 PM

Thanks Wendy I just sent you an email!

#34 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

jamieirene,

i also wanted to add that I see you are getting married at Riu Caribe...TA wendy has a great relationship with that resort and is very knowledgeable so you are in good hands with her.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#35 jamieirene

jamieirene
        • 650 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:27 PM

Thanks Tammy!! I am feeling better already about my travel agent situation! Everything else (with the help of your awesome site) seems so easy! I found and ordered my flowers, interviewed many photographers and found one we love! And all sorts of other things have come so easily..until we spoke with our first travel agent! Then my nerves started going! Your reassurance is calming me down already!!!! Thanks so much again!

#36 iqtsarah

iqtsarah
          • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

Hi I'm new to this site.

Sounds like your travel agent did a great job. Can I ask you where was your wedding and your TA' contact information? thank you

Sarah

#37 beachbum21

beachbum21
            • 438 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

I've contacted Flight Center and itravel2000... am still waiting on quotes from them, FC has been pretty helpful so far, the only frustration is the turnaround time on quotes from the tour operators!! I'm mostly concerned with getting the best rates possible for my guests, the rest I want to handle myself, I'm a planner by nature and am pretty excited about planning all the details! :)

#38 J-me

J-me
              • 398 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

DEFINITELY use a TA! And...ideally, one that works specifically with Destination Weddings. I have a GREAT one through All About Honeymoons & Destination Weddings and she has already been such a lifesaver!!

#39 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
                • Vendor
                • 1,243 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:59 AM

NOT using a travel agent lands one with a killer deal at Le Reve hotel as well as a credit with del Sol or La luna...  http://www.bestdesti...-bdwf-promotion

There are LOTS of advantages with using TA's, there is no question.   Many TA's on this forum actually specialize in certain areas, this is a HUGE resource...   I think it also says quite a bit about Tammy's agency...she runs / owns this forum...she has the deals!

In some cases though, you may be better off negotiating terms on your own, depending what kind of deals can be found and all will be different in high and low seasons...  Also, some TA's have absolutely NO idea about the location you are getting married in, so think about that... what can they really do?    There are TONS of solutions with and without... happy  hunting :)

#40 UrDestWedPro

UrDestWedPro
                  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

I am an owner of an agency that specializes in Destination weddings. We have been handling international weddings for over 16 years (long before it was this popular). We have never charged any fees for our travel planning services! I highly encourage brides to use an agent we are here to take some of the stress from the bride, make sure everyone's plans are perfect and that everyone gets a great deal!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users