Photo

Mexico Fall 2010?? Overwhelmed already!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Jananaz

Jananaz
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:33 AM

Hi Rachael! Welcome to the forum!! I'm sorry to hear about your previous experience, but glad you're on track now. I hope the rest of the planning experience is much much better! There are plenty of great resorts in the Mayan Riviera/Cancun area! We had our wedding at the Bahia Principe and had a great time! Congrats on your engagement!

#12 Cassie

Cassie
    • 5,341 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:38 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear you started your planning out rough. This site has so many great ideas, I'm sure it will be more helpful to you. Happy planning!
      Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#13 tkolman773

tkolman773
      • 167 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:59 PM

Welcome to the forum and happy planning! You'll find lots of helpful info here. Check out Dreams Tulum, that is where we are getting married at in December and it has lots of great reviews!

#14 Chicken764

Chicken764
        • 197 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:35 AM

Welcome to the Forum. I hope you will like it as much as I do.
          Happy Planning!

#15 chirorach

chirorach
          • 200 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

so what is everyone's thoughts on using a travel agent?? pros, cons?? do you get a better deal??

#16 ejlucero

ejlucero
            • 20 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:38 PM

I totally understand how you feel, my fiance and I are still trying to weed through all the amazing resorts to find the right one for us! We are also looking in Cancun and Playa de Carmen. Good luck!

#17 chirorach

chirorach
              • 200 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:40 PM

thanks! as of now we going with dreams riviera cancun... brand new, great reviews and the price is right! this forum has been so helpful. the 10+ hrs i have spent reading posts has paid off ;-) and it is becoming addicting! good luck :-)

#18 sfrench0621

sfrench0621
                • 242 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:40 PM

Congrats and welcome! I honestly don't think you'll have a problem finding a resort for under $300 a night, especially with fall being low season. Good luck, you've definitely come to the right place :)

#19 CancunBride71010

CancunBride71010
                  • 180 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:23 PM

Welcome and happy planning!

#20 advntrs1

advntrs1
                    • 14 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by chirorach

Likes some other brides who I have read about on here I fell into the destinationwedding.com trap. I paid my $50 and the assigned planner didn't really seem to listen to me and made me feel that with my budget I didn't have many options. She kept sending me links to hotels that we either not in the area we were looking, out of our budget or specifically not something we were interested in. When I asked her questions about resorts she had not suggested I received rather gruff emails as to why "her brides" don't want that. We then put the whole idea aside for a while thinking we just couldn't make it work.
                      Hmmmm I guess I need to do some reading. So far I am using DW and my planner Danny is fabulous. Very responsive, patient (I email him a lot!) and is listening to me. However, I will keep an open mind and do some digging. Any particular place you saw the gripes about DW?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users