Sign in to follow this  
RaychelRae

Has Anyone NOT done a site visit??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaychelRae View Post
Good! I'm so glad that I am not the only one who is planning via internet and this forum! : )
Haha! I am doing the same thing! Hoping for the best!!!!! I would love to do a site visit, but I think it would be fun to be surprised. We'll see! Where are you getting married?bunny_4.gif

Hi RR,

We are not doing a site visit either. Its already going to cost us about $6000 just for our wedding and two weeks vacation, I dont want to add another cost for a site visit. We are also going to Playa Del Carmen, and based on the reviews, Im not worried. I think so long as you are organized on your end, things should go smoothly.

We are getting married at the resort you are looking at, The Royal. And although I wish I could do a site visit, I am not. And I am completely confident after finding BDW and talking to all the other Royal brides that everything will be perfect!

Not doing a site visit, either.

Hey RR, i was actually planning on doing the same things as you - catholic ceremony in a church and then staying at/doing the reception at gran porto. i ultimately decided on dreams tulum, partly because they do have a chapel on resort grounds.

has it been difficult making reservations at the church on fifth ave? i've heard response time is not great, esp. if you don't speak spanish.

My fiance really wanted to do a site visit. I told him that I didn't want to go to the same place twice. I wanted to get married somewhere where I'd never been before. Makes it very exciting. I relied on the forum, the internet, reviews and my TA to choose the right place. I am confident in the resort. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyBoerema View Post
Not doing a site visit, either.

Hey RR, i was actually planning on doing the same things as you - catholic ceremony in a church and then staying at/doing the reception at gran porto. i ultimately decided on dreams tulum, partly because they do have a chapel on resort grounds.

has it been difficult making reservations at the church on fifth ave? i've heard response time is not great, esp. if you don't speak spanish.
I have heard that before as well, that the church on 5th is not great at getting right back to people. I can absolutely see this happening since they are a church, not a wedding coordinator, and they're probably not 100% focused on jumping at the beck and call of a bunch of Destination Brides! wink.gif

It was mainly because of this reason I have decided to go with Ajua Wedding Planners. They work with that church all the time and do all the running to and from the church for you. I pictured this (communication/planning with the church) as being my biggest stressor for the next year and a half, so decided to get helped lined up before it got to that point.

I am having my weddding at Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta and will not doing a site visit, but I have been to the there before while I was on vacation. Knowing what the venue looks like and from reading the reviews on this forum, I am confident that everything will turn out beautiful.

Dear Rachel congrats on your engagment and welcome to the forum playa del carmen is a really nice palce for your wedding here you will find good tips for your wedding.

Beach Weddings are the most popular of all locations for a Destination marriage ceremony and Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya are the hot spot.There are lots of Mayan ruins and great attractions to visit