#1 KristinaM

KristinaM
  • VIP Member
  • 3,082 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:17 PM

Just wondering if anyone takes Yaz/Yasmin birth control pills and how you were feeling about the news hype the past few days?

If anyone missed it- here's one article and there's a bunch more if you just google Yaz and news.
Yaz Side Effects Spur Lawsuits | InjuryBoard Columbia

But it's basically discussing side affects, warning letter to Bayer, lawsuits.....

Personally, I'm on yaz... and i'm not usually one to get caught up in the news hype but this scares me! I've gotten alot of those symptoms lately-- charlie horses in my legs alllll the time at night (and i drink tons of water), high cholestrol, random swelling my calves, ankes, feet. Scary!

Anyways, just wondering how other people are feeling about it and will you be switching?

I was planning on switching anyway when I go for my annual in November. I haven't been happy with Yaz overall.... Not sure what I will switch to so you if you use something else and love it please share!!

#2 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:48 PM

I'm on yasmin (when I can remember to take my pills) -- I haven't had any major side effects...and this is the first i'm hearing about them in the news today...interesting!!
    I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#3 FutureMrsRell

FutureMrsRell
    • 82 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:39 PM

I didn't know anything about this! I'll have to check out the article. But really, I have liked Yaz the best out of all the pills I've tried.

#4 FutureMrsRell

FutureMrsRell
      • 82 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:41 PM

Okay, so I just checked it out... YAZ has definitely helped my skin and it has also helped with my depression. I think it's weird that depression is a side effect. ? Interesting.

#5 Blkatz

Blkatz
        • 1,025 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:25 AM

I asked my friend who is an OB/GYN and she said it is nothing to worry about-as long as you are taking your pill correctly it is nothing to be concerned with.

#6 KristinaM

KristinaM
          • VIP Member
          • 3,082 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
          • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:06 AM

Thanks for the input girls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users