Photo

Destination bride looking for other destination brides!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 chamlo

chamlo
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:50 PM

Hello people,

Thanks for allowing me to be part of the destination bride forum. I have heard good things about this forum so I am looking forward to learning from all of you.

Here is some info about me:
    • My name is Lori Chambers and my partner in crime is Stuart Monkhouse. We have been together for 10 years and living together for 5 years, but have finally decided to commit to the institution.
    • Our tentative wedding date is May 17, 2011
    • We plan to be married in Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii

What I hope to get from this forum: a lot of ideas, a great deal of like minded info sharing, and hopefully some emotional support. This wedding has been an emotional time for both of us so to share the experience with like-minded individuals is great.

Thanks Lori

#2 *Linds*

*Linds*
    • 5,776 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:57 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by chamlo
      Hello people,

Thanks for allowing me to be part of the destination bride forum. I have heard good things about this forum so I am looking forward to learning from all of you.

Here is some info about me:
      • My name is Lori Chambers and my partner in crime is Stuart Monkhouse. We have been together for 10 years and living together for 5 years, but have finally decided to commit to the institution.
      • Our tentative wedding date is May 17, 2011
      • We plan to be married in Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii

What I hope to get from this forum: a lot of ideas, a great deal of like minded info sharing, and hopefully some emotional support. This wedding has been an emotional time for both of us so to share the experience with like-minded individuals is great.

Thanks Lori

Welcome Lori! Congrats on starting the process! I love this forum! It has so much information! If you have any questions I'd be happy to help with anything I can! =)
      Loving married life! <3

#3 juliepfeif

juliepfeif
      • 286 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:57 PM

Hi Lori! Welcome. We're very similar to you guys! Together 10 years, engaged 5, living together 4. We're doing it a month after you though ;-)

Lots of great ideas to be found here. Enjoy!

#4 chamlo

chamlo
        • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:11 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by juliepfeif
          Hi Lori! Welcome. We're very similar to you guys! Together 10 years, engaged 5, living together 4. We're doing it a month after you though ;-)

Lots of great ideas to be found here. Enjoy!
          Hey Julie,

Nice to meet another bride with a long engagement. May I ask if you have started wedding planning yet? We find that most of the vendors in Hawaii has recommended that we wait until Spring 2010 to contact them. I wondered if you had the same experience.

Thanks Lori

#5 bride2b10

bride2b10
          • 320 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:44 PM

Hi Lori,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations. You will find a ton of useful information here. Even if you don't contact your vendors right away, I definitely think you should start thinking about what you envision your day to be and you'll find lots of ideas here on smaller things such as invitations, save the dates, etc.
            http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

Welcome to the forum Lori, and congrats on your long awaited engagement. :-) we have other Hawaii brides on the forum, so hopefully their planning threads will help some.

#7 jwilke5

jwilke5
              • 314 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:57 PM

Welcome and congrats!! Best of luck with all your planning =)

#8 kokukitty

kokukitty
                • 49 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

Welcome and congratulations, Lori. What a beautiful place to have a wedding!

#9 lizzyl875

lizzyl875
                  • 153 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:08 PM

Congrats and Welcome. Another Hawaii bride!

#10 super19

super19
                    • 1,123 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:26 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place to connect with tons of destination brides.

Happy planning,
                      Jen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users