Photo

Punta Cana - Catholic Wedding

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#11 PCBride

PCBride
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

Father Jean LaCaille married us in August at the Iberostar Punta Cana!

He was terrrific and had responded to email very quickly, but PLEASE be sure of the following:

1) Have someone whose sole job is to read the marriage decree. We trusted that the information we supplied was correct and didn't read the document while we were signing it. We realized once we were back home that both of our birthplaces are incorrect. He sent us a new one and only my birthplace was corrected. It's been three months and we are anxiously awaiting our THIRD marriage decree. If I had asked our Best Man or Maid of Honor or any of the parents to read over the decree, they would have all known that Kansas is NOT in Texas and that I was not born in South America.

2) DO not lose your passport or let it expire anytime between providing the diocese copies and actually showing up. My passport expired the week before the wedding, and I received an expedited full passport the week I traveled. I made two color copies for the resort and the church and advised them as soon as I arrived in Punta Cana. Our official wedding license shows the previous passport number, which is no longer valid and doesn't match my current passport. We are waiting to hear from one more official, but it looks like DH and I will have to get married again in Texas and that is exactly what we were trying to avoid.

The Ceremony itself was very beautiful and he followed our program and even read the dedications. We loved having him.

#12 beachbum

beachbum
    • 351 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:47 PM

Has anyone had issues with their priest/ parish at home giving them trouble? I don't know if it's just our church, but they gave my FI and I the 3rd degree this weekend and right now I don't know if we will be granted the dispensation. Any thoughts on this?

#13 KJ Shea

KJ Shea
      • 110 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:02 PM

Hi,

I know that the Majestic Colonial and Majestic Elegance share a chapel and offer a Catholic Wedding option.

I am also trying to book a Catholic Wedding and am finding it very difficult so far.

Thanks so much for all of the information.

#14 TA Dina

TA Dina
        • 181 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

The Paradisus Resorts may also be able to accomodate a Catholic wedding now.

The problem with the weddings usually isn't finding a place to hold it as many resorts now have chapels right on site...the problem is with YOUR church at home signing off on the whole thing. I see this all the time with my DR and my Hawaii weddings. It's very difficult sometimes to get your priest on board with the whole DW process. Start this planning process early if it's something you are considering.

#15 Eliana

Eliana
          • 676 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:35 PM

We are doing a catholic ceremony at the wedding gazebo. The resort is dreams punta cana.

#16 beachbum

beachbum
            • 351 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:10 PM

We're doing our wedding in a gazebo. Dina, you hit the nail on the head! Our parish is in NJ at my parents' church, and it will be very close to the deadline of two months before that we'll have our paperwork in.
              This may be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway - if we're having a catholic ceremony, is there anything else we need to follow other than those requirements? (i.e. i haven't had our birth certificates translated yet). So far i'm following the same document that was attached to this thread.

#17 Mady28

Mady28
              • 164 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 28, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Huracan Cafe
              • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Does anyone know if Father Lacaille speaks spanish? He is the priest that will be performing the ceremony, and I had forgotten to let my WC know that I need the ceremony in spanish.

#18 2014 wedding

2014 wedding
              • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

How did this all work for you to do a Catholic wedding we are looking to do it in 2014?

#19 2014 wedding

2014 wedding
                • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Has any one found a place that works we are looking to do a wedding in 2014 a year from now? Any thing we should know to do a Catholic wedding.

#20 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
                  • 438 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mady28 

Does anyone know if Father Lacaille speaks spanish? He is the priest that will be performing the ceremony, and I had forgotten to let my WC know that I need the ceremony in spanish.

He speaks English and French, there is another priest that does the spanish ceremony. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users