April 2010 brides - get fit!
Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:22 PM
Since we are all working within the same time frame and I imagine have some common goals between us (ie. tone arms/shoulders) I figured we could use a separate thread just for posting any related issues and get ourselves moving.
- If you have some fitness magazines lying around, flip through and see if they have some good five minute exercises.
- Anyone stuck at a desk - add some simple ideas that can be done while working (if you can stand up and work, do some calf raises while you do a query or draft up an email).
- You at-home-moms -> we know you've got a baby there somewhere (!) do some over head presses with that little one to work your arms. They'll love the attention and it's something you do often enough anyways, just maybe not in such repetition Bonus -> This one can also be done laying down!
- Post some interval workouts that can be done around the house, like lunges from one end of the house and back for the duration of your commercial break.
- If you're like me, you curse when you run upstairs and realize you left something downstairs, or vice-versa. Well watch that tongue and run up and down those stairs another five or six times!
- See that treadmill in the corner? See that remote on your lap? Well crank up the volume and have at it! In my books, nothing gets me through a half hour interval jog better than an episode of Jeopardy! You get regular breaks at commercials and you learn a few things at the same time.
Any quick tips and tricks that can be done will be a good way for us to break that laziness barrier and get back into it.
Also, if you happen to come across a good healthy recipe that you've enjoyed, throw that on here as well. My personal belief is that getting into shape requires a combination of exercise and healthy eating (not just one or the other) so let's attack that side of it too.
At the end of the day, we're each responsible for working towards the goals that will have us looking the way we want for our wedding day - or as close to that as we can reach. So while I'm definitely not an expert on any of these subjects, I think that if we can bounce ideas off each other and hold ourselves accountable to the group then it could definitely be worth while!
Let's see what we can do here ladies!!
Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:33 PM
This is it, I'm tired of my A$$ winking at me in the mirror ;o) Elliptical here I come!
Thanks Gals, this is what I needed! Been doing hot yoga & P90X for a while...but they are really time consuming and I don't have a lot of time!! lol
Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:59 PM
Okay ladies, I'm in and I'm pumped! Here is my commitment today- I will go home from work and hop on that elliptical trainer while my supper is in the oven. I may even throw in some crunches.
Let me make the offer that I've already made in the regular April brides thread here too- if anyone has anything get-fit related that they'd like researched, post your question on here and I will do my best to help you out (librarian, so access to lots of books, etc...). Let me also add that if you're stuck for motivation head out to your friendly neighborhood public library for cookbooks, exercise and diet books and maybe even workout videos (that's my library PSA for the day lol).
Good luck everyone!
Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:09 PM
LOL Suzy!! I agree if you can bottle up that motivation I'd buy it!!! (btw your son is just too cute, lucky you, you get the most handsome ring barrie ever!!)
Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:04 PM
I am in the midst of moving/new job etc. but I am determined not to be chubby on the beach.
I tried Zumba the other day - which I would totally recommend! It was fabulous. For those of you that don't know what it is, try searching it on youtube. The hour just flew by and I definitely got a great workout (I was sore for days...)
Any tips would be awesome! I think the goal will be to lose about 10 lbs - and to firm up those damn inner thighs...gross
What is everyone else going for?
Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:20 PM
My diet would be crohn's (not a good diet) so I really just have to get toned and in shape, so my goal to work out would be my butt and stomach (as I do gain weight and loose it often because of the disease)
But I can not even gain an oz becuse the person who altered my dress did at my ulter lowest weight (weight I've never been in my entire life) now I have to stick with it for the next 6 months... I'm 10lbs lower then my normal weight.. this will be really hard!!!
It'll be interesting to see what everyone's goal is!! so keep posting girls!!
Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:45 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users