Punta Cana Wedding

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Gooner

• 15 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

Hello All,

My name is Chris and I am planning a Catholic Wedding in Punta Cana in November 2010. Does anybody know which resorts definitely do a Catholic wedding in Punta Cana? I have checked the various websites and there is little information regarding this.

Thank You!

#2 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:39 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I'm sure there is another Punta Cana bride out there that can probably help you with that info!
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
      • 2,782 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:20 AM

Welcome and happy wedding planning!!

#4 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:07 PM

Congrats and Welcome! I'm getting married at the paradisus punta cana and they sent me different ceremony locations and a catholic punta cana church was one of them.

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
          http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#5 Gooner

• 15 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

Thank You all...anybody else w/ input regarding Catholic wedding :)

#6 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:58 PM

Welcome to the forum chris!!!

#7 Gooner

• 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

Thank you all...any other experiences w/ Catholic wedding in Punta Cana? Information is hard to come by! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

#8 kalikid4life

• 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:02 PM

Hi Chris, I too am trying to married in PC and have a catholic wedding. Here is what I've found. Pretty much any hotel will do a catholic ceremony. They all have a catholic package all you have to do is ask. I have been in contact with the Head of the catholic church in the Punta Cana area and in a nutshell you can do a catholic ceremony in any location other than the beach. The paper work that the priest emailed me said that as long as it's not on the beach and in a respectful location you can have it anywhere. Now if your question is you want to get married in a catholic church that is a much longer and complicated issue. The hotel has to coordinate dates and payments with the church. That is a church requirement. Most wedding coordinators are LAZY especially Dreams Punta Cana coordinator Sharron Pitches and Dreams Palm Beach coordinator Melani Mena (Yes I named names). So figure out if you want it on the resort or off the resort in a church.

Also, I'm not sure if you have been getting replies to your question off the message board but this is for the people who post the well wishes. The well wishes are nice but when people have questions they are useless.

Let me know if you are considering an off resort wedding because I have more info and all the contacts for the churches and bus companies. I am still fighting with several resorts to get them to actually do some work.

#9 lizzyl875

• 153 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

Congrats and Welcome!

#10 jenniebey

• 842 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users