Photo

Small Arizona Wedding

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Karen_and_Andy

Karen_and_Andy
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:30 PM

I just wanted to introduce myself to the board. My name is Karen and I'm from the Columbus, OH area. My fiance and I are planning a small, outdoor destination wedding in Arizona on June 12th, 2010. Initially we started planning for a cruise wedding last year but changed our minds due to a number of factor. I'm not sure how often I'll be on the board my job keeps me very busy, but I signed up so that I could browse ceremony ideas and vendor recommendations. So far we've only booked a hotel and a florist so there's a long way to go. Luckily our wedding is very small with only a couple attendants so we're hoping that will keep things relatively fuss-free and stress-free. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

#2 autjo

autjo
    • 2,182 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

Welcome Karen! Sedona is one of my favorite places. We took our engagement pics at Red Rock Crossing in June and the weather was so awesome. And one of my un-bridesmaids was married at Merry-Go-Round Rock in July. Let me know if you want to see pics. Happy planning :)

#3 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:48 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!! I'm also from the Columbus area - glad to see another bride on here! I love Arizona, y FI and I went on vacation there last March and literally went from one end of the state to the other. Sedona is gorgeous and there was actually a wedding going on while I was there, looked beautiful! Good luck with all your planning!!
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#4 Karen_and_Andy

Karen_and_Andy
        • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:30 PM

Thanks for the welcome! We're still trying to decide between Red Rock Crossing and Bell Rock for the ceremony. It's going to be a small wedding party so we still have time to figure it out. We're thinking of taking a trip there again in November or December to make some final decisions.

#5 Karen_and_Andy

Karen_and_Andy
          • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:12 PM

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but in what category should I start a thread to find other brides marrying in Sedona, Arizona? It looks like the only US Mainland categories are Las Vegas, California, Hawaii, etc.

#6 super19

super19
            • 1,123 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:21 PM

Hi Karen - Welcome to the forum.

Happy planning,
              Jen

#7 taugania

taugania
              • 171 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:00 PM

This site rocks! You will love all the info you can find on this site. Enjoy and good luck with your planning!
                --Victoria--
                http://taugania.blogspot.com/

http://global.thekno...rs/tt4808a.aspx***Bride, Groom and 18 guests booked***

#8 jamsmom

jamsmom
                • 174 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:20 PM

Congrats and Welcome!

#9 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                  • 5,521 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:03 AM

welcome to the forum karen!! happy planning and congrats!

#10 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
                    • 600 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:59 AM

Hey Karen and Andy,
                      Welcome to the forum - it's a great group of girls here. There are even 5 or 6 of us in AZ. There aren't a lot of people on the forum getting married in AZ but it is a very romantic state with a lot of venue choices. From Sedona and Oak Creek, to Lake Powell and the Grand Canyon.
                      I live in Phoenix, two hours from Sedona. I also coordinate destination weddings. I'd be happy to help in any way possible, even if it's just going up to Sedona, taking pictures for you and giving you a candid opinion on location.

Have fun and congratulations on your engagement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users