Photo

Suggestions for locations if it's only the 2 of us?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Heaterfan15

Heaterfan15
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

I have been a lurker for quite awhile, but I now actually have a question.

For the longest time I always thought we'd marry at Couples Swept Away or Couples Tower Isle. Fh has informed me that he'd prefer a resort he'd feel more comfortable at, as he is not completely sold on Couples or Sandals.

So I came up with these resorts and he seems to like them all

RIU Ocho Rios
    RIU Palace Tropical Bay
    Grand Palladium Jamaica (BUT no outside photographer, and possible construction/expansion in 2010 is scaring us)
    Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

I worry that it will look funny with it being just the 2 of us. Is this a common thing at these resorts??

Truthfully all of the above resorts look beautiful, and I just can't tell the differences between them, besides chain name, and location.

Location is not important

They all seem to have lots of restaurants, good food,and beautiful rooms with mini-bars, and Ocean-Views which are all important to us.

For us the beach is important...mainly just for tanning. We don't like a cramped beach where we can reach out and touch the stranger next to us.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

#2 Flasong

Flasong
    • 340 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:44 PM

Alot of girls get married at all of these resorts...check out the reviews section of the forum to see what previous brides have said..I don't think you will look funny at all with just the two of you! Lots of couples do that!

#3 elyse918

elyse918
      • 19 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:10 PM

If you can afford it as it is pricey, take a look at Jade Mountain, St Lucia...travel agent had a couple just get back from there and absolutely loved it. It won best resort in the Caribbean

#4 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
        • 387 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:02 PM

Are you set on Jamaica? The answer to that question may help us help you:) BTW, I think it's awesome you 2 are doing the wedding by yourselves. You go!
          Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#5 Heaterfan15

Heaterfan15
          • 26 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the replies.

We are not set on Jamica. We chose it is as it seems to be really simple to get married there..no blood tests, translations etc...

FH doesn't want Vegas, but would like a combined wedding and honeymoon at an all inclusive beach location..also no cruises.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users