Headed for Key West!!!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 August77

August77
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:30 PM

Hi,

My name is Rachel. My fiance (BJ) and I have been together for just over 2 years and decided to get married about 2 months ago.

We are getting married on Smathers Beach in Key West over my fall break from grad school - October 16th. We are going super simple and laid back with less than 10 guests - just our parents & siblings.

We are planning to have a backyard BBQ style reception in Michigan sometime in early June. So I am also looking for suggestions on how to word a reception invitation. I'm having trouble since the events are so far apart from each other. I don't want to send an announcement out immediately following the ceremony due to our budget (school is expensive).

Also, this is my second - his 1st - so should we register for gifts

Rachel

#2 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! You will find a lot of great information on here, and I totally understand how being in grad school and planning a wedding can get very hectic. As for registering for gifts I see no reason why you can't but it is always a personal decision.
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3 *Karla*

*Karla*
      • 4,854 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:35 PM

Congrats and Welcome to the Forum! Be sure to check out the invites section for wording tips and lots of discussion on registering Invitations, STDs, photos & website - Best Destination Wedding Forum ~ The Ultimate Destination Wedding Resource and Registry, Gifts, and OOT bags - Best Destination Wedding Forum ~ The Ultimate Destination Wedding Resource. Good Luck

#4 Jenna20

Jenna20
        • 314 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:46 PM

Congrats and Welcome! :)

#5 toshalea

toshalea
          • 71 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:58 AM

Welcome to the forum. I vacation in Key West every year and I am from Michigan! There are SO many ideas on here for wording for an at home reception- I found tons- and I was totally lost. I have it narrowed down to 2!! There is so much info on here. Plus, GOOGLE!! Good Luck!

#6 ClintsGurl09

ClintsGurl09
            • 660 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:08 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

#7 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
              • 5,521 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:22 AM

welcome rachel!! your wedding sounds amazing!!! I am in LOVE with key west! it totally rockS! def post pics as soon as you get back!

#8 Ms325i

Ms325i
                • 204 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

Congrats and welcome. I looked into Key West as a possible DW locale as well. You made an excellent choice.

#9 taugania

taugania
                  • 171 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:31 AM

Congrats!!! You will love all the info you can find on this site. It's very addictive! Enjoy and good luck with your planning!

As for registering, I would recommend it b/c otherwise you'll end up w/ gifts that you don't need or do not like. It doesn't have to be announced anywhere but let the parents know so that when someone asks you and they can tell them. :)
                    --Victoria--
                    http://taugania.blogspot.com/

http://global.thekno...rs/tt4808a.aspx***Bride, Groom and 18 guests booked***

#10 Patti

Patti
                    • 555 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:30 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. You'll find tons of helpful information here. I've always wanted to go to Key West. How fun. Happy planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users