Sign in to follow this  
zephyr4586

Reception on the beach??

My daughter is having her wedding on the beach and the reception poolside. We do plan on having cocktails/appetizers on the beach while they are having pictures taken. Felt like this was a good compromise.

I'm having a reception on the beach. Set-ups that I've seen have looked beautiful and romantic. Dancing under the stars, with the waves crashing near by, and not having to wear heels sounds good to me =) I guess it depends on what you feel comfortable with. Ask your coordinator about the wind situation, & I've heard of brides putting up a shoe table for guests to leave their shoes..

We can't decide which reception to pick: a traditional banquet dinner or a Jamaican Beach Party. Thanks for the tips to consider, I hadn't even thought of wind! I still like the idea of a beach party, as we are taking a more casual approach, but now I have some things to consider! Thanks!!!!

We're having our reception on the beach but having a dance floor set up that the DJ is providing. If you're having a DJ you may ask if they have something like that available. Or see if there is an outside company you could rent one from. I figured the beach would be a cool experience for everyone. What other time could your friends and family say they all danced at a beach party together. (I'm in central TX so that doesn't happen often for us lol)