Passport STD help printing!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
  • 443 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

Hello,

to all those who have made this item, how do you print on the cardstock? my printer keeps jamming and I am afraid to break it...did you take it to a copy center how did you do it?

#2 shellb

shellb
    • 533 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:35 PM

We did ours on a high end color business printer that was able to handle heavier paper weights. If your printer has a manual feed, try that. If not, my suggestion is to try a copy center because your card stock may be too thick for a regular home printer.

Hope this helps.

Shellb

#3 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
      • 2,754 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

Does your printer feed from the bottom or feed from the top? You need a printer that feeds from the top so that the cardstock doesn't have to make a "U-turn" (sorry I don't know how else to describe it).

#4 Jodimichelle

Jodimichelle
        • 310 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

My fiance does graphic designing. We are doing our own passport invites, but we are not going to print them on our own. We want specifics and our regular printer wont be able to do it. Find a printing company that will be able to do it for you.
          24 Rooms Booked!

#5 nsimpson

nsimpson
          • 325 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:18 PM

I agree...even if you design it yourself, have the pros print it and you won't be disappointed.
            Love is a wonderful thing!
            Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users