Photo

What are you doing with your dress AFTER the wedding?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 SusieQ

SusieQ
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

Just an idea, I am not doing this, however I don't plan on having more children either. I had my first wedding dress made into a christening outfit for my son along with a long cape. I have pictures if i can just get my scanner to work I will post them. Mind you this was 24 years ago that I did this and my dress train was about ten feet long.

#12 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
    • 354 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:53 PM

Sorry, but I'm won't be donating mine. I want to save it in case I have a daughter and she might want to wear it, but if not, I'll always treasure for memory's sake and for posterity. We kept lots of little tickets and stubs, etc to keep in a scrapbook so that we remember everything of our wedding week and honeymoon.
      - Grace
      Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
      Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
      Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
      Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#13 damaris

damaris
      • 462 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:01 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SusieQ
        Just an idea, I am not doing this, however I don't plan on having more children either. I had my first wedding dress made into a christening outfit for my son along with a long cape. I have pictures if i can just get my scanner to work I will post them. Mind you this was 24 years ago that I did this and my dress train was about ten feet long.
        This is also a great idea. I never thought of this. I would live to see pics
        65 BOOKED PLUS BRIDE & GROOM

http://global.thekno...rs/tt22b9e.aspx

#14 AnnaC

AnnaC
        • 91 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

I'm hoping I can have mine died so that I can wear it again. It was a pretty simple dress.

#15 Sloan

Sloan
          • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:22 PM

Great thread. I like hearing what people are doing or are planning to do with their dress. It never occured to me to donate my dress. I really like that idea. Mine is sitting st the back of a closet, still covered in Caribbean Sea and sand. I'm checking out the donation thing -- thanks for the good ideas ladies!

#16 MayaLove

MayaLove
            • 369 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:25 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by damaris
              Don't know if this thread already exists, but I would like to hear what you girls did with your dresses after the wedding? Or if not yet married, like me what do you plan on doing with your dresses? I'm planning on donating mine to a charity that supports breast cancer.
              I have been planning on doing the same thing with mine. It's such a great charity.
              Jenna & Chris
              Soon to have a lifetime supply of donuts.
              My BDW Blog

#17 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:25 PM

Hmmm, donation is a nice idea. Mine is in my closet filled with sand still and all dirty from dragging behind me all night. I haven't even had it dry-cleaned! Originally I was going to sell it, since it was triple my budget, but I just can't part with it. I love it. I go to look at it sometimes and it's just too gorgeous to not be with me anymore!

#18 Sheree10

Sheree10
                • 1,026 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:27 PM

Haven't really thought about what I will do with it after the wedding. I may hold on to it for a little and think about donating it.
                  http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users