Need Opinions- Private Tour Not Private Anymore

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 holstang

holstang
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:53 PM

Hi Girls,

Sorry so long- I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I have a in issue I need your help with.

I've been planning a private excursion for my group- we're coming in for the day by cruise ship. I've been in touch with the tour guide for over a year now, and just as I'm confirming everything, he tells me he booked two randoms to come with us on our "private tour" because he forgot our tour was private. Needless to say I was pretty pi**ed off and sent him an email how disappointed I was.

I just got an email back from him telling me that he's really sorry, and he's given the two randoms other options, or to let them cancel altogether, since it was his mistake.

Now I feel bad. But I wanted the tour to be just our group, since our families are still getting to know each other. I don't need Jean from North Dakota crashing.

What do you think, am I being a total b**** ? What would you do?

I hope I posted this in the right spot!!

TIA!

#2 Sloan

Sloan
    • 1,279 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:52 PM

Personally, I wouldnt want to be either of the 2 odd men out on your tour. I would feel uncomfortable. Tell the tour operator to tell the 2 randoms to book another time. Dont feel bad about it -- his mistake, not yours.

#3 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
      • 573 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:26 PM

I would feel the same as you. I currently am trying to arrange a private tour for our group. I think if we were on our "own" time and not following someone else's schedule, the excursion willl be much more enjoyable.

#4 Krista_H

Krista_H
        • 428 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:31 PM

Don't feel bad at all especially since he told you it could be private - who wants some strangers celebrating with them - unless of course they want to pay for all of you - then I would let them come. ha ha ha

#5 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
          • 516 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

Don't feel bad, you did yourself and the two people a favor. They would have felt so odd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users