Welcome and congratulations :)

#12 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

Congrats and Welcome to the Forum! Happy Planning

#13 jenniebey

• 842 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:55 AM

Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to the forum...another SF bride. :)

#14 NewYorkie

• 80 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:30 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. One day I was flipping through channels and I watched a Real World Cancun episode and I think the girls went and stayed at Blue Parrot, right?! Looked very cute like trendy boutique hotel.

#15 J&MWedding

• 612 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:47 PM

have fun planning! I was actually looking at both those places for our honeymoon! I've heard nothing but good things! Congrats!

My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#16 lrdavis23

• 876 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

Congrats and welcome !
              Married June 18, 2010 @ Dreams Punta Cana

#17 Emily Joy

Emily Joy
              • 27 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Matsuri
                Hi Everyone-

First, just got to say that this forum has been great. I haven't posted anything but my first introduction, but I have found so much info on here so far!

I mostly haven't posted anything because I wasn't sure when and where I was going to get married. Originally I was thinking Privilege Aluxes on Isla Mujeres, but after going and doing a site inspection, it just didn't fit my needs. The hotel was beautiful, but the service and most importantly (for me anyway) the food was sub-par. Also, I'm planning on having a very diverse group of guests, and I don't think there would be enough to keep everyone entertained. Isla Mujeres is gorgeous though, and I recommend going there for a honeymoon, or day trip.

So that being said, I think I'm moving it towards Playa Del Carmen. My FI and I stayed at the Grand Sunset Princess last June, and I think we're going to have all of our guests stay there. We're also going to have the ceremony there, but not the reception. Without going into details, I'm just going to say that after speaking with the WC there, I don't want to have the reception there. Nothing against her, the hotel is just a bit too inflexible for me.

I'm pretty sure, though I haven't set anything in stone, that I'm going to have the reception at Blue Parrot in Playa Del Carmen. Paula has been great, and everything fits my budget. Does any one have experiences and/or feedback they'd like to share with me? I'd love to see pictures, and hear first hand if I could.

Hello my fellow Playa bride to be!

Sounds like we have similar ideas. We will be staying at Shangri La Caribe but I do not want to have my ceremony or reception there either because I want more flexibility for decorations, volume of music, what time the reception starts and ends, photographer, etc.

I am interviewing lots of wedding planners in the area. Have you chosen a wedding planner? Did you decide to go with Blue Parrot?

We are looking into having the ceremony and reception at Blucacao Beach Club which is a little bit further out of town (15 min drive). There is no limitations on music volume and the party doesn't have to end at 11 (1am instead).

The ceremony is also on a semi secluded beach so I wont have a lot of strangers watching or walking by in the background.

I am still looking into other venues so if anyone has ideas for me please let me know!
                visit my bridal blog!

Getting hitched in Playa Del CarmenSaturday November 27th, 2010

#18 taugania

• 171 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:19 PM

Congrats and Welcome!!! This forum is so addictive as it has so much great information! Enjoy.

http://global.thekno...rs/tt4808a.aspx***Bride, Groom and 18 guests booked***

#19 SillyGirl

• 155 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:08 PM

Welcome to the forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users