Photo

DIY Table Runners

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 MAK

MAK
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:11 PM

I was going to make mine as well, but it was going to be much more expensive than buying them. But I wasn't doing special pattern with a cohesive theme : )

I helped my sister-in-law make hers and we used the iron on stuff. It was super easy & probably faster than sewing all of them.

I actually just purchased mine today so I have no, idea how great(at least I'm hoping) they are. They were less than $3.00 a piece so I guess we'll see!

Elegant Perspectives - Wedding & Event Table Runners - Canada & USA

Good Luck!!!

Mona

#12 TAHOEJENI

TAHOEJENI
    • 164 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:38 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Natural
      Well I want to use a fabric that has a nice pattern so they won't be your standard table runner. And I would probably have the baker use the same pattern on the cake as well as make some throw pillows for the lounge area to tie everything in.
      What a neat idea!
      Jeni

#13 Patti

Patti
      • 555 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:59 PM

Great site and good idea.

#14 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
        • 546 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:41 PM

I'm making my own. I ordered ten yards of fabric from ebay and I'm going to sew a navy border around my white and navy damask pattered fabric. Now I just have to find someone with a sewing machine!

#15 wsarah2107

wsarah2107
          • 166 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:57 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Simistar
            Sorry -- I don't have any advice on making table runners -- BUT i would recommend you check out this site:

wedding linens direct home page

(just click on 'table runners" on the right-hand side menu)
            I just checked quickly and they range in price from $3.10 to $6.99 depending on type of material and size.

I ordered our chair bows off this site (and I know lots of other BDW brides have ordered stuff off this site as well) -- and they were great! And they came really quickly (like in two days I think!)

Anywaaay...maybe you really want to make your table runners, in which case ignore this post:-)
            But for the prices on this site you can just buy them for not that much money and maybe save yourself some hassle :-)
            thanksfor posting that link!! I think I'll prob order mine from there...was going to make own with FMIL but I already have such a long list of DIY stuff!!!!

#16 wsarah2107

wsarah2107
            • 166 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:59 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MAK
              I was going to make mine as well, but it was going to be much more expensive than buying them. But I wasn't doing special pattern with a cohesive theme : )

I helped my sister-in-law make hers and we used the iron on stuff. It was super easy & probably faster than sewing all of them.

I actually just purchased mine today so I have no, idea how great(at least I'm hoping) they are. They were less than $3.00 a piece so I guess we'll see!

Elegant Perspectives - Wedding & Event Table Runners - Canada & USA

Good Luck!!!

Mona
              oh boy! just saw this post--these are even less expensive!! plz let me know what you think of them when they come! great thread--thanks everyone

#17 Natural

Natural
              • 218 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

Here's my inspiration for my DIY table runners...

Attached Files

Life is too short to be serious...so laugh a little

http://tickers.Ticke....hYF/weight.png

http://tickers.Ticke....o/exercise.png

#18 Rheannarudy

Rheannarudy
                • 150 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 6, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera CancĂșn
                • LocationWI

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for the links!