Sign in to follow this  
SgtPepperette

Calling All My BDW Bridemaids! Dress Opinions *decision post #17

Yes you! Since I dont have a bridal party, I have the next best thing for opinions. BDW Bridesmaids! love.gif

So thanks to Jacylinda, I am using the same lady that made her dress. So Im trying to narrow down my choices. Now from what Ive tried on, I love the sweatheart neckline, strapless is good as long as it is a little high up.... I hate my armpit fat so a sleeves are also good. I think my shape gets lost in an A line, so prefer more of a trumpet. Now when I look at the pictures I feel like a A line is probably what I should wear...so you can be honest wink.gif

Now just to give you some idea of my body shape....here is the two dresses I tried on that I loved...but didnt love so much when I saw the pictures. Ive gained a lot of weight due to health issues so am having really bad body issues these days. Forgive me.

Click the image to open in full size.

So I love the lace. Now Ive narrowed it down to 6 dresses, although I think its a top 3 now. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Ill post the dresses in the next post....

So I havent seen any other dresses then the first 2 yet, but from those two I would definitely say #2. I feel that it is much more flattering and I like the look of the halter on you. I dont know if I like the scoop neck line so much. I do like the detail on both dresses and they are very different styles...but for now until I see the other 4 dresses, Im sticking with #2. Looks great.

Okay, so the dress will be in ivory just as an FYI...

This first dress she was going to custom make - with a sweatheart neckline, and trumpet skirt. Im not to crazy about the beading at the bottom of the skirt though...but love the bodice and the bolero. Not sure thats "beachy" though, although I guess its my wedding I can wear what I love right :)

Dress 2 - a little unsure of the bow on this one...thought maybe I could replace it with a broach.

Dress 3 - love the sleeves!

Dress 4 - This beading may be to much for me although in Ivory it might be so blunt? I love the middle sash thingy, especially from the back.

Dress 5 - Most likely no sash on this.

Dress 6 - Love the different textures on the skirt, and the split in the back...but not the tie hanging from the corset...(are those easily removable?)

Its really hard to say without seeing you in the actual dress. I loved so many dresses that I saw online and then when I tried them on - I hated them....Just looking at the dresses online - I would have to say I really like #4. Im still sticking with my #2 bc I have seen you in it.

Good luck...

I'm torn between #2 and #3... if it were me, I would be picking #2, but since you say you are a big fan of the sleeves I would say #3 is my next pick!! I think #1 is a little too covered up for a beach wedding (although this dress would work in a gazebo I think!)

The detail of a "sash" in the front but that it blends right into your coreset is pretty neat... I like that detail! :)

By the way, #2 is very slimming on you!! I think it has to do with the neckline, since it elongates your neck... the scoop neck may be a little too blunt! wink.gif If I were you, I would see how the designer would feel about incorporating some of the things that you like about allof the dresses (within reason) into your custom made dress... if you like the sash/corset of #4, add that, or the sleeves, add those! It's really up to you, but I'm sticking with #2! Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPepperette View Post
Yes you! Since I dont have a bridal party, I have the next best thing for opinions. BDW Bridesmaids! love.gif

So thanks to Jacylinda, I am using the same lady that made her dress. So Im trying to narrow down my choices. Now from what Ive tried on, I love the sweatheart neckline, strapless is good as long as it is a little high up.... I hate my armpit fat so a sleeves are also good. I think my shape gets lost in an A line, so prefer more of a trumpet. Now when I look at the pictures I feel like a A line is probably what I should wear...so you can be honest wink.gif

Now just to give you some idea of my body shape....here is the two dresses I tried on that I loved...but didnt love so much when I saw the pictures. Ive gained a lot of weight due to health issues so am having really bad body issues these days. Forgive me.

So I love the lace. Now Ive narrowed it down to 6 dresses, although I think its a top 3 now. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Ill post the dresses in the next post....
I think the halter neckline of dress #2 is very slimming on you... makes you look taller too. I don't care for the sleeves in dress #1 (I've found that I can't wear sleeves like that either). I also like the waist of dress #4 (dresses with that type of waist are slimming for us curvacious women).

It's really hard to say what I think of the others without seeing you in them. I liked lots of dresses that I saw online or on the hanger in the store and they just were not flattering at all on me. If you haven't already, I think you should try on the other dresses (or at least something similar) to decide which style of dress looks best on you. I understand your dilemma. I am trying to decide between two dresses myself.