Photo

sand ceremony frame!!! i found it!!

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#71 Nadine2010

Nadine2010
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

Sorry for multiple questions! But does any one happen to know how much sand fits into the frame and have any suggestions as to where to get the sand.

Thanks!

#72 reaganlane

reaganlane
    • 180 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by bahiabride2010
      I believe the glue she suggested in the video was Wellbond but any super strong glue should do.

From what I remember...you put glue along the edges of Pane 2 and 3 to seal them into place. There should be no glue on Pane 1 (so that you can clean it and change the picture attached to the front of frame two or back of frame one...I haven't decided which would work better) and also not on Pane 4. When pouring the sand into the middle of Pane 2 and 3 you need to cover the front and back gaps. Some of the girls used cardstock or I know I read that someone had used sticker paper that would be cut to fit perfectly.

To Recap:

Pane #1 - No glue so you can clean the glass and change the picture
      Pane #2 - Glue along three edges
      Pane #3 - Glue along three edges
      Pane #4 - No glue (this pane is the cloudy one)

Hope this helps...I haven't tried it yet but plan on getting our frame ready in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it turns out!
      Please let me know how it goes!

#73 dianep

dianep
      • 532 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:35 PM

this is great. i've been looking for something to use, and this is the closest i've come to finding anything that might work. not sure about the whole DIY part of it, but this is a good option if i can't find a ready-made one. thanks!
        http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
        and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#74 NyBeachBride

NyBeachBride
        • 295 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:04 AM

here is my pics..i think i have a pic of the final result of the frame...fyi..at the hotel i asked for duck tape and put one strip and then sealed it. at home i had to add a lil more sand and then sealed it again with tape..but it worked out great
          Wedding Review Picsgood
          "

#75 Nadine2010

Nadine2010
          • 185 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:23 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by NyBeachBride
            here is my pics..i think i have a pic of the final result of the frame...fyi..at the hotel i asked for duck tape and put one strip and then sealed it. at home i had to add a lil more sand and then sealed it again with tape..but it worked out great
            Wedding Review Picsgood
            Thanks for posting your pics, can you give me an estimate of the amount of sand you used? Thanks!

#76 NyBeachBride

NyBeachBride
            • 295 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:37 PM

no problem. i only bought one pouch of blue sand and i think i used less than half of it. the other half of the sand was directly for the beach in DR. they sell the pouched in micheals
              "

#77 Nadine2010

Nadine2010
              • 185 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

Excellent, i will have to get some sand from Michael's and try it out. I conveniently have two frames as the first one came damaged, so I have a test run first.

#78 msglave

msglave
                • 933 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

I can't find the wood frame-only the silver one!
                  The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                  Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                  www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#79 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
                  • 997 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:43 AM

I did the gluing this weekend and will test it this weekend. I used Wellbond glue and think it did the trick. I'll be able to tell better once I try with sand! Here's a pic of the frame:

Click the image to open in full size.
                    Click the image to open in full size.

#80 Charrey

Charrey
                    • 35 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:04 PM

The sand ceremony kit is the last thing I need to order before the big day, and I have been struggling to find an affordable one. I was just about to throw in the towel and go to goodwill for whatever vases I could find there and etch them myself with my cricut.

The picture frame is such a cute idea. I saw someone on etsy selling these for 50 or 60 bucks and was tempted but I just didn't want to shell out that kind of money for it! I just ordered the frame off amazon for $31 and I plan to still go to goodwill for some pouring vases.

I hope it arrives in one piece and I can figure out how to glue them together properly since I'm leaving June 13th, ahhh!

Is it relatively easy? I'm a pretty crafty person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users