Photo

Photo Booth

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Krista_H

Krista_H
  • 428 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:49 AM

So I was at a wedding this weekend and am totally stealing a great idea they had.

Somewhere in the room the photographer sets up a background (this one used photo paper - on a big roll). There is a table of props - they used boas, hats, stick-on mustaches, etc. People grab probs and have their pictures taken - couples, groups, etc.

Now I'm torn - do I use this idea and NOT put cameras on the table. I think table cameras might be too much and might end up costing more than the photo booth. Thoughts?

#2 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
    • 600 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:01 PM

We set up our own photo booth. All you need is a tripod, a camera with a remote and a way to make sure that people don't move the camera.

I like these high quality photos much better than the table cameras, and yes, they are much cheaper. I'll post a link to our photobooth pictures when I get home tonight.

#3 shellk

shellk
      • 1,784 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:39 PM

we are having an ahr with photographer and she is going to do the usual family friends shots then do the photo booth thing with props.did the guests enjoy it?

#4 Krista_H

Krista_H
        • 428 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

Yes it was a lot of fun. Once they got into it the pictures got fun and crazy.

#5 Lara

Lara
          • 179 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:46 PM

I've seen LOTS of photo booths at weddings and I absolutely love them! I agree, you probably won't need the table cameras AND the photo booth, so I'd stick with just one or the other if I were you.

#6 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
            • 600 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:25 PM

Hmmm....I thought we had more of our photobooth pictures on flickr. Here are a few.
              Flickr: toddneville's Photostream

#7 Taylorbride

Taylorbride
              • 174 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:26 PM

I LOVE the photobooth idea. I'm personally not a fan of the cameras on the tables. From what I've experienced in the past (from my brothers and sisters weddings) the majority of those pictures were usually junk. I think you'd get way better pictures with the photobooth. That's just my opinion. Good luck

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:30 PM

here are some photographers that have great photobooth inspiration
                  the image is found . photo blog

I have never seen the table cameras work out nicely. Most people have a point & shoot digital camera with them anyway. You usually just end up with rolls & rolls of bad pictures espcially if it's dark. I just got the digital files from all of our guests. Some people mailed me a disc, some uploaded them & other I burnt copies of while home.

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:32 PM

a photobooth might be hard to do for a DW. The set up would be a lot to fly with.

I've seen other cute things like a photo guest book. I can't remember who posted it, but their photographer took pictures of guests holding up a marker board with something they wrote on it.

#10 midnight24

midnight24
                    • 754 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:41 AM

i love the idea of a photo booth over cameras on the table. just seems more fun. in my experience with the camera at the table...one person gets a hold of it and wastes all the film.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users